Young Dressage Horse

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Freestyle, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Freestyle

Freestyle Well-known Member

Does anybody have any news???

2. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

We need Madcow - Dougie did well :)

3. madcow

madcow Guest

I'm here LOL

Dougie was in the 4yr old class and I was sooooo proud of him. It was his first ridden show and he didn't put a hoof wrong. He just missed out on winning by an incredibly small margin and placed 2nd.

Thanks to all the people who helped to to get him there (they know who they are;)). He was also sporting a lovely sparkly retro style browband which made him look pretty spunky.

4yr winner -Revelwood Kruze (Kaitlin Hull)
    5yr old - Royal Oak 11 (Deon Stokes)
    6yr old- Kaitlin Hull's big Riverdance Gelding.

Poor Kaitlin had a bit of trouble with Tom in the morning (Young Dressage horses arn't used to dealing with patchy mini's in harness!LOL) so great riding from her to win both the 4ry old and 6yr old class's. Royal Oak was the over all winner

4. princeton

princeton Well-known Member

How flipping exciting for you Kaz!!!!
    Piccies at all?

5. madcow

madcow Guest

I know I was so excited! I was soo proud of little Dougie:D It was surreal watching him with a professional rider on board...like it wasn't even my horse. A week ago Dougie couldn't do a straight line and there he was doing a great test in a real competition.

Sadly no pics as I was being a nervous mother:( I'm hoping Liz gorham-Tollarzo got a few?

6. intendeli

intendeli Well-known Member

wow -- well done to you MC --- must be awesome to come second!! and well done to kaitlin hull -- she has some fab horses and really is a lovely rider and nice person to

how did bellario go in the 4 yr old? nice to see royal oak did well again :)

7. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Bellario was scratched.

8. SMR

SMR Well-known Member

Well done Dougie!!! (and MC ;) )

He was such a good boy, worked really well and looked so smart **)

9. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

Congrats Madcow! I'm glad he went well - he looks very pretty in the pictures :D .