young dressage horse/pony champ/ dressage at sec over the weekend results

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Excelsior Centerpiece, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

hey RP- yes after trying a fair few saddles we went with the Passier optimum, its narrow twist enables me to actually get my leg on and i am not fighting to sit trot in it, wee can actually canter now... well he isnt four beating anymore like he was with the isabell. they are just simply to wide, sat me off his back- rotated my hips out to wide so i couldnt actually get my legs ON the horse.... they blocked his movement and blocked me all the time from riding his movement so it was a contant three way battle...wee moved brilliantly in the Keiffer Wein... but- it had very little support for me, was uncomfortable and hard and i just hated it- but wee just went VAROOM! BUT- no point in varooming if i am still putt putting and being left behind...
    besides- i tried that right after the passier, and so it made it feel even harder hahaha the passier suits me very well (im still retarded in my riding- but well.. i am retarded anyway ;) ) but the difference in wee and my riding is amazing :) and it was intantanious improvement! two thumbs up- im just lucky that Sbay (hahaha) had one to sell to me

2. smash

smash Well-known Member

well done EC and weeman, you both look fantastic

3. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

anyone know if there were any photographers there?? i saw someone taking pics during one of my tests but not sure who it was

4. Raw Prawn

Raw Prawn Well-known Member

Yes Im having exactly the same problem with Romulus....I feel like Ive got my leg on but there is still a huge gap, where as with my show saddle it isnt a problem - but that one is WAY too small for my butt *#) so I sold it! LEG ON LEG ON LEG ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Key to everything lol! But its hard when you ride peewee ponies like ours :-D Will try that one next..... Thanks dude!!

5. Trendsetter

Trendsetter Active Member

very happy with my boy he worked well over both test and ended up with 2x 5th places. he worked extremely well in his first ever elementary test and even got 7's in it!