Young dressage horse competitions

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by foxleigh stud, Feb 28, 2012.

1. foxleigh stud

foxleigh stud Active Member

I am trying to find out if any clubs are going to run young dressage horse competions?

Does anyone know when the state young dressage horse competition is going to be held as I can't find anything on the EA website.

Cheers

2. Purdey

Purdey Active Member

I thought perhaps Bluefields were running a young horse comp this year?

3. KPF

KPF Well-known Member

EWA runs an anual leaderboard type comp for young horses each year which is sponsored.

Margaret River has a Young Horse Comp at their Wine Region Spectacular Dressage event, I think held around October/November??

4. pso

pso Gold Member

Last year the final was at the Fosec winter show...There wasnt a final the previous year....Not sure if fosec is running now though?

5. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Is there a newcomers equivalent of dressage? I'm thinking this is probably it..
    What's the upper age limit for a 'young horse'?

6. pso

pso Gold Member

The bluefields leaderboard/challenge is the equivalent of newcomers- no upper age limit
    Young horse is 4,5 and 6yo

7. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Ohh nice. Shall have a look at Bluefields now :)

8. foxleigh stud

foxleigh stud Active Member

Thanks guys will check out blufields site to see if they are running it again. There doesn't seem to be alot of dressage comps around at the moment let alone young horse.

9. Fosec has allegedly fallen in a heap due to a positive swab.

10. myst

myst Active Member

The Bluefields comp is on the EWA site. Bluefields don't run it, they are just the sponsors.:))

11. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Damn.. Looked it up and realised it was EWA.. Not joining myself and my horse just for dressage :/

12. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

You have to love the rumour mill :p I heard they found EWA too painful to work with particularly given any funds raised go back to the SEC coffers.

Wonder what the truth is??

ETA: If there is a positive swab it is meant to be published...

13. Horse people thrive on it, especially showies :D