York this Weekend

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Larrikan, Aug 6, 2008.

1. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Whereis prob takes you via Toodyay lol.

2. tammy07

tammy07 Well-known Member

i go down the road that goes past the lakes roadhouse doesnt take me long to get there

3. Remaani

Remaani Guest

NOOOOOO, lol.

Turn Right @ Lakes Road-House & follow that to York.
    After the Information Bay, turn Left onto Forrest St (which turns into Ulster Road), go up the hill & right @ Forbes St, then right onto Dinsdale St & there is the PC grounds. :)*

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2008
  4. simbin

simbin Gold Member

No wonder it takes you so long lol. I got directions from whereis to get from my house to the highway it was going to take me 10mins instead of 3mins lol.

5. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

ok so ignore the directions on whereis - so if i was coming from forrestdale, up tonkin onto roe, right into Great Eastern Highway up greenmount hill and keep going through mundaring etc, past west coast saddlery and keep going and i am turning before i get to the hill where there is a turn off for a roadhouse on the right? could someone please give me exact directions to the grounds **)

what surface does york grounds have..... hehehe... thinking ahead, for what condition his legs will be in by the time i finish.....

will the show finish in enough time (do you think) for me to get back to gosnells for the ridden breeds in the arvo?

yes - i am mad!

6. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

oops - teach me for not reading properly :D

7. Remaani

Remaani Guest

The grounds are compacted dirt. ;)
    IMO & i've ridden on them for years, they can be a bit jarring, the Official area is nicer though, but not a large area also.
    (if the PC moved to the race-course land, it'll be perfect....)

Nic, i think you'd be pushing it, but leave Duds saddled (hehehe theres a thread on that somewhere here) & fly home. :D

Yep, your mad! **)

8. Leeara Park

Leeara Park Active Member

hey,
    gosh knows if you can do both but you can certainly try!
    York goes through quickly, but it is their Championship day, so rugs and garlands.
    I know quiet a few ppl going up so i think there will be some competition, but its really pretty and scenic up there - even if the arena is less to be desired!

Usually tho the Gosnells SOS goes for quiet awhile then their is a lunch break, i dunno you might be able to get to both?

We would love to go with our hacks but have already pre-entered the little tackers for the breed show. bugger!! lol

9. tammy07

well i definatly wont be going now just had my boy at the vets and this weekend is a no go bugger

10. Larrikan

Larrikan Well-known Member

Change of subjuct does any1 no if i can start qulifing for the royal 09

11. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

hmmmmm.... will just do gossies i think..... sounds like too much running around even for a crazy person.....lol..... my day has bene too tiring as it is! :p

12. arylin

arylin Well-known Member

Thats good Nic means we can catch up at Gossies.
    if you want some one to help warm Duds up I'll bring Rhys riding gear with us :):)

13. suga1624

suga1624 Well-known Member

yep its york horsemans not york ag show.. just hacking official and unofficial..
    only held once a month at the york ponh club grounds..
    starts at 9am normally on the dot. depending on numbers and judges the day can finish at 12 or 4.

will i be seeing anyone?

14. tammy07

thanks for your pm back suga but im not able to go anymore my horse was ill yesterday and needs a few days off ill go to the next one if there is one

15. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

may as well mate.... at least he can have a ride around on him and get the feel of him..... he will have it so easy on Duds:D

16. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

I'll be there with my son doing leadline, just got to finish 'de-fluffing' the feral black pony!!

17. suga1624

suga1624 Well-known Member

haha 'de fluffing' i think maybe i should have done that haha my boy doesnt look the best. spent over 3 hours tryin to get out all orange stains from his legs, tail and neck and face. im pooped!! haha
    havnt ridden since last horsemans (exept NOS) so expecting a bit of crazy haha!!

anybody doing unofficial come say hi to the girl on the tall grey with scars on his back legs. =] best way to spot me haha!!

im reeeally looking forward to this show. goodluck everybody =]