York Horsemans

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by York Horsemans, Apr 8, 2010.

1. York Horsemans

York Horsemans New Member

Hi All,

Just a quick note regarding the first event for York Horsemans for 2010. Our first event is on the 18th April and will be held at the Northam Equestrian Centre, map is available via our website.

All entries are on the day. Program and Entry form is now available on the web: York Horsemans Association

Also a reminder that York run a High Point Scheme where points are calculated for those competing at our events and awards are presented at the last event being the Championship Event.

We have added Adults Show Hunter Pony classes to enable Adults to gain qualifying points for the 2010 Royal Show in accordance with the RAS.

Judges for this event are:
    Official: Emma Dunn
    Unofficial: Janine Olsen

2. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Bumping....

3. Yikkers

Yikkers New Member

I'm going, is anyone else.

4. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

i might be :)

5. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

I hope people support this show; we can not make it this weekend and I know a couple of other regulars that also can not make this show due to other committments, so please if anyone else can support it so there are some good numbers please do so.

Ponies start at 9am

Hacks start at 11am

6. Jumpingbean

Jumpingbean New Member

I'm going, it will be a nice change to leave home at a decent hour of the morning.

7. hot pants

hot pants New Member

hi
    can ask are you show horse council and efa affiliated?

8. CABALLO

CABALLO New Member

Sorry I wont be able to make this one as I am instructing at pony club on sunday.. otherwise I would be there to support.

9. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

We will be at the next one Dollar sorry we cant support this one.:(:(

10. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

11. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

If Diva hadn't gotten lumps I probably would have tried to go since EWA Newcomers entries state they have to have done 2 Open shows even though the handbook only says one :( Have to try and figure out when I can get her to shows but don't think taking her out with no work in nearly 2 weeks would be wise!

12. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

I would have gone but horse is only just recovering from lameness, dont want to push my luck!! I might pop down for a look-see tho :)

13. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

oooh your back riding and now your girl is lame bugger sassy!!!

ill be there (ill be the nervous one LOL)

14. suga1624

suga1624 Well-known Member

ill be there in unofficial with my gelding. cant wait :)

15. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Any results from this show? :)

16. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

what a awesome day after i had to divert billy from taking out the judge...

bailed off billy when a bot fly attacked him LOL

then when i sprayed him with areoguard he went spako and scared everyone,

then he would duck out and do this whoopiedoo thing trying to get out of the last 4 workouts

so spent them just walking around the outside and trying to trot with out leaps n bounds hahahahaha...

and everytime i said 'thats it enough' and got off billy, my friend would say get back on THAT horse hahahaha

So YEAP had a awesome day!!!

Oh i got one 1st and 3 thirds and i think a fourth??? not sure should of wrote it all down :)

The horse's were gorgeous and the people were lovely!!!

and sugars horse stole the show with his bow to the judge :D

was lovely meeting goodie, jumping bean and sugar (and i so love sugars browband!!!)

17. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Glad you had a great day. Did anyone get any photos ?

18. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Someone was taking piks..I believe from the club:)
    I had a great day (after I found my way there...rofl;) ). Well done to York Horsemans for a really well run show, friendly committee, volunteers and competitiors:)*

19. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Great you had a good day J. I did hear of your little story...hehehe

They are always a very friendly bunch up there, glad to hear everyone had a good day.

20. Jumpingbean

Jumpingbean New Member

Fun day, loved the atmosphere, was nice to hear chitchat and laughter amoungst the competitors while they waited. Will go again. Thanks to everyone involved. Nice to meet some other stockies. My OH managed to get a really nice photo of suga and myself but having dramas putting up (of course!). I think best of all - it only took us 30 mins to get home YEAH! No really, a good day.