York Horsemans

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by York Horsemans, May 13, 2009.

1. York Horsemans

York Horsemans New Member

York Horsemans will be holding their first event for 2009 on the 24th May, 2009 at Northam Horse & Pony Club.

Information on the new website: York Horsemans Association - Home

Hope to see you all there.

2. Nanna

Nanna Well-known Member

Yipee!!

Congratulations to all for getting the club off the ground again!!

Can't make this one - but sure we will be at others

Lovely grounds too

3. Cincinnati

Cincinnati New Member

We are hoping to make the big trek up for this one.

4. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

oooh should i or shouldnt i...

billy n me need more desentisizing lmao...

off to think about this one lol...

5. 007

007 New Member

Re York Horsemans 1st Show

Fantastic! Great to see this club up and going again.
    The programme caters for everyone and the prices are really reasonable and even more so if you become a member. We'll be there.
    Hope to see lots of people from the Avon and surrounds supporting the club and for those city dwellers -- it's really not that far to Northam!**)

6. 007

007 New Member

Re York/Horsemans this weekend

Bumpety Bump!**)

7. Cincinnati

Cincinnati New Member

Bumping...

8. VIP Girl

VIP Girl Well-known Member

Would of loved to come but have a prior commitment. I will try to be at the next one though.

I don't think Anna and I would be ready for this weekend anyway.

Good luck all.

9. BettyBoo

BettyBoo New Member

To everyone who has put so much time and effort in starting up York Horseman's for 2009
    I think it is a great thing well done to all involved
    please try to get top judges as i think more riders will come out
    well done again
    :)maybe we will be at the next one

10. Yikkers

Yikkers New Member

I would also like to congratulate the York Committee for getting this Assoc up and going again. Great to see they have a full program with the lead rein and first ridden aswell as a Junior Ring. Great to see.

11. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Great its back up & running but boo hoo to the York Council for not getting off their backsides & getting the Equine Area/Facilities in York up & running... how long has it been in the pipe line for??? #(

Was hoping to get my son & his pony there on Sunday but not happening so good luck everyone & hope it doesn't rain.
    Well done to ALL on the committee, great we still have a show in the country! **)

12. suga1624

suga1624 Well-known Member

yay im going.. if its not poaring with rain and windy lol

13. Dizzy_8

Dizzy_8 Well-known Member

hmm i was going to take jet but cant be bothered clipping plaiting and washing, wait for the next one**)

14. cee jay

cee jay New Member

Who did go?

I took my daughter, she had a great day :)

The weather was kinds, the grounds were great, the judge was lovely and the committee did a GREAT job of running a good show. If you didn't make it, you missed a good day.

15. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

yeap i went!!!

and i also want to say the judge was great was really excellent to get feedback!!!

committee did a great job, and the lovely ladies at the entry form desk you guys were great too esp the lovely lady who held my norty monster when the train went past!!!

lovely grounds and a good experience for me and billy...

now we know what we need to work on (the list gets longer lmao)

me and billy had a great day from him undoing his rope and running off over to the other pintos lol with me running behind in one gumboot and a sock cos i was changing boots, like kids as soon as ya turn ya back lol

to when he happily bolted around his paddock when we got home!!!

and thankyou and congratulations on your places and wins, to my fellow avon valley adult rider members (julie and suzette) you guys were totally awesome out there!!!

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  16. suga1624

suga1624 Well-known Member

we went!!!
    congrats to everybody, and thanks to the judge who was really helpful and encouraging!!

we went in unnofficial, was on the big grey gelding. we did SOOOOO WELL!!
    1st - Rider 18 - 21 years
    Champion Senior rider!!
    1st Open show hunter
    1st heavyweight showhunter over 14hh
    Champion show hunter!!!
    2nd hack 15'2 up to and including 16hh
    2nd in something else i cant remember lol
    1st ladies hack (riding with one hand was fun)

couldnt be happier!! link wasnt in the best mood all day so took it pretty easy. was so much fun, well done everybody and thanks organisers!! and thanks mum, tom and el =]

and thanks linkoln =]

17. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

you had the sparkly blingy browband lol!!!!

18. cee jay

cee jay New Member

Your grey was lovely Suga, he went well. Dirtbug, I saw you and your Pinto out there too :)
    My daughter was riding the liver chestnut galloway in the Unofficial, they came home with Res Champ Junior Rider and Champ Galloway - Roy's very first champion :):):) He's won Res before now but never cracked the big one, woohoo!

19. funkymonkey

funkymonkey New Member

ooo, sounds good, ill be there!!**):)*

20. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

Everyone did so well and you all looked smashing everyone of you!!! **)

ahh yes if it wasnt enough we stand out thru colour billy has to forget all he has learnt and be a norty little monkey just to make sure people notice him LOL *#)*#)*#)