York Horsemans today

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by dirtbug, May 30, 2010.

1. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

Just wanted to pop in and say what a awesome day!!!

The sun shone and the turnout was fantastic and all the smart riders and horses and ponies!!!

Made me wish i had of entered my boy today...

Hope everyone has pics and results to share!!!

The organisers and judges and helpers and the northam pony club well done (hope i have the name right :eek: ) on a fantastic day!!! **):)*:D:))

2. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Well..................... what can i say!!!

IM ABSOLUTELY BUGGARED!!!!!!!

After judging 65 pony/hack show horse and hunter classes which took from 9am to 3pm, with only a small wee break in the middle. LOL
    Then a two hour drive home for me, im soooooooo ready for bed.:)
    But what a good turnout for the club.
    The competitors were a fantastic, lovely and friendly bunch. The weather was picture perfect, so all in all it was a great day.:D
    Thankyou to the club for a friendly atmosphere and a very special thankyou to Dollar for her hospitality, we must do it again soon.:)

3. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

65 classes?????? OMG, you deserve a good glass of wine and an early night!!! LOL

4. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

OBHH did a wonderful job! In defence of the club though they usually only have a handful of entries and ended up with about 10 times the usual number of unofficial horses!

Diva was a good girl today and I am very happy with how she went :)

Unfortunately numbers in the official ring weren't brilliant so we ended up being the only official Show Hunter over 14hh :( But she did a super dressage test and a great jumping round for her first attempt so I was very happy :D Skipped novelties as Diva was tired and it had been such a long day.

Well done to both Clubs who ran the day :) I loved the nice big arenas :)*

5. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

I was there with Dania as well. I saw Diva warm up, also caught her dressage test. She is just lovely mirawee! Quite the eyecatcher! Well done.

I was happier with our warmup than our performance in the hack classes. Like a few others, by the time we got started, Dania had got bored of waiting and needed a wee....

OBHH we were thinking of you as we were going home, knowing how long a day you had luvvie. You did well though, always nice to see a happy frinedly judge regardless of how long a day they have had. :)

We did leave with a blue ribbon and a trophy for her first ever round of jumping in her life. OK, was 30cm, a tad small.... Got to start somewhere, at least I know she will jump a course now (had only ever jumped 2 jumps in a row, I only have 2 jumps at home lol...)

6. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Thanks to both judges for the day, but unofficial certainly had a lot more numbers, was great to see.

We had a great day, Grace and Tulip competed in the Pony Hacking for Reserve Champion Small Pony and Champion Junior Rider. She then excitedly competed in their first round of show jumping. The first round was the led 30cm which Grace loved and then went off on her own in the Under 12's 30cm. Tulip had three refusals but Grace made her go over every jump. Thanks so much to the jump judge for letting them finish the round. I don't think Tulip is too fussed on the jumping & games thing, it takes too much energy but Grace absolutley loved it. So much so she had to saddle Butterscotch up for more when she got home.

It was great to see so many out there enjoying the day, the grounds were set up very well and there were many happy faces around.

Must mention Teisha Orrell rode Yartarla Park Louis Vuitton (hope I spelt that correctly) to win Champion Small Pony and they also competing the Under 12yrs 30cm Show Jumping to win the jumping. So little hacking ponies can do other things.... Needless to say both kids went home with big smiles on their dials.

Forgot to mention I don't know any of the dressage, novelties, jumping or handy pony results as they were still adding the scores up when I left but I will post the hacking results in the next couple of days.

Last edited: May 31, 2010