York Horsemans Showhorse 26 Feb

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by mirawee, Feb 21, 2012.

1. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

good luck everyone!!!

i have decided to not ride we got tortured yesty at club rally LOL so dont wish billy to spend a long day under saddle (or meself LOL) hopefully will be down to have a looksie later tho :)

2. Sorrel

Sorrel Well-known Member

Had a nice day out today, lovely judge with helpful comments, and nice to catch up with some familiar faces - Dollar, Nannygoat, Magic Browbands, Bethy and Nikiwink. The hunter galloways were stunning.

Enjoyable drive home with a yummy lentil veg pastie from the Bakers Hill Bakery.

In the official hunter we placed

1st Show Hunter hack over 16h
    1st Light/Mediumweight Hunter over 15h
    2nd Ladies over 15h

RESERVE CHAMPION

Got a wrong canter lead, a fluffed workout and some minor TB moments but a work in progress. For Pia's second show from 20 years ago, she did very well.

Pia and Jack

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

We had a fantastic day - the highlight being simply that my mare was in a great mood and behaved impeccably!!!

Cham Hunter, Reserve Hack and Champ Rider. We is stoked!!

pics a bit later after tea lol

4. Sorrel

Sorrel Well-known Member

Must've been the purple threads - looking good ;)

5. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Kathyve also had a fansmical day on her amazing standy FF. Champion Intermediate Hunter. YAY!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Well done Nannygoat that is fantastic!!

Sorrel, Jack is looking super! Well done, sounds like he did great today. Not far off a big win again I think :)

7. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

And my gorgwous gal today. A very happy mother indeed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. RUMBLE1979

RUMBLE1979 Active Member

Congrats Nannygoat and of course Miss Tammy as well.

Knew I should have come to watch, next time. :))

9. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Congrats everyone on your results.

Sorrel, it was lovely to see you again. Your boy is looking gorgeous! And I think I spot my big lardy range in the back of one of your photo's (doing a workout) :)

Kimaley, your girl is looking just lovely.

Kathyve, your boy is really sweet and worked so nicely for you.

Nannygoat, your girl worked so beautifully for you today. Congrats on your results, they were very well deserved and I was super happy to get reserve hunter to you!! And I just loved your outfit/browband on your girl... GORGEOUS!!!

I had a good day. It was Hondy's first show in a double bridle, we started him in it over the summer and are planning on riding him it in at a big show we're aiming for so wanted to head to a smaller hack day for a hit out before the big one.

Hondy was ridden by a few people today. It was nice to see other people on him and I think it's good for him to be ridden by others.

Thanks so much to Shakaan for coming along today as well. It was great to see Bobby all frocked up and at a hack day again, it certainly got his blood pumping :) Thanks for riding him in one of his hunter classes.
    Also thanks to Team Lardy Ranga (I reckon I'll have to get you all t-shirts :) ) for all your help. It was great to have so many strappers and made for a really nice day (though somehow I still ended up being the pack horse!!).
    Magic, thanks for getting on the big lardy for a few classes. You did a great job of riding him and you looked so good on him.

He was a good boy, worked really nicely in the double. He still needs to find that extra gear for the hunter classes :D. But he got better and better each class, actually finding an lengthen canter by the end. So for that I was thrilled.
    Then we did the switch for the show horse classes (LOVE my easy change browbands from Magic Browbands... especially on a double bridle. I'd hate to have to undo and redo all of those buckles. This way I didn't even have to take it off his head!!!) and he was really good. I was especially thrilled with his canter work and the transitions, they are greatly improved for us.

End results:
    1x 1st and 2x 2nds and reserve hunter hack for the Show Hunter classes and then 3x (I think) 1sts and champion hack for the Show Horse classes.
    Then he carried Mel to Reserve Champion Rider for the rider classes.
    But to be honest it wasn't about the ribbons for me today. It was his behaviour, getting him out in some new gear, having other people ride him, improving through the classes and seeing that all our hard work has paid off over the summer and people who have seen us over the years notice the improvement.

A friend took 1700-odd photo's so I'm just waiting to get some from her to be able to share them.

ETA:
    A friend just sent me one pic...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  10. Magic Moon

Magic Moon Well-known Member

What sort of friend is she??? Only 1700 photos!!!

Glad you had a good day.

11. Sorrel

Sorrel Well-known Member

Sorry Bethy, did you mean me ? lol, well done for yesterday, Hondy's come along working well and looking great ! :)) Didn't realise Kylie was Shakhaan and a great offer you gave to one of your friend's to ride :)

ETA : thanks Lakota we were all tired, so could've done better but always next show :)

12. WheatbeltNic

WheatbeltNic Active Member

We had a fantastic day! Lara's first time in the walk/trot and Mum's first time of nervously watching from the sidelines. Lara did brilliantly, she managed to not fall off or run down the judge. She was very nervous though and Jazz did pick up on this resulting in some lovely canter work. Lara is still giggling over her first canter. :)

Our results were:

1st in our height class.
    1st in our weight class.
    1st in big girls pony.
    2nd in rider under 17yrs.
    Reserve champion walk/trot pony.

I still can't get my mind around the fact we haven't even had this lovely old girl a month and my daughter has come so far in such a short space of time. Look out at next months event. LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Ooops, sorry Sorrel, yes I meant you. Can't half tell it was the end of a very long day!

14. Cassy Horse

Cassy Horse Well-known Member

Well done everyone :)) Really liking that profile picture of Jack M! :)*

15. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

Thanks for allowing me to ride the big guy Beth, I appreciated your offer. I enjoyed riding him!

But way more importantly, you have come such a long way with him, you should be incredibly proud of yourself! Great work! **)

16. Nikiwink

Nikiwink Well-known Member

"Friend" is actually a pro photographer :) - was a bit of a last minute decision to come so it wasn't advertised. She did take a lot of pics of other horses too so if anyone is interested in checking to see if she got pics of you pm me and i'll forward her details to you :)

Was a great day out and i rather enjoyed myself sitting on the sidelines for a change :) never thought i'd say that :) Well done everyone on your successful day out :)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  17. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Well done everyone :) There were lots of stunning horses around :)*

I luckily got out of stewarding except to fill in occasionally as 2.5 hours sleep would have meant a very interesting day LOL

WheatbeltNic, I heard your girl had a canter :D Won't be long until she is out doing W/T/C ;) Your new pony is certainly a gem :) I loved the other little W/T pony too :)

NG, I was going to say your girl was going great yesterday but didn't want to jinx her ;)

18. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Wheatbelt Nic - It was a treasure to see you daughter tonking around the arena with her pony!!! Onwards and upwards with that combo!!

Sorrel, I just love your boy, he really is my kinda horse, apart from that I could not look as classy as his rider...well done on your broad ribbon.

Bethy your boy is just all class, what else can I say LOL and a star to have all riding him and behave so nicely.

Kimaley, Molly is a supa star, was lovely to see you riding her as well.

Mirawee LOL thanks for not jinxing us - cause missing a class doenst count right??!!

19. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

There were several horses I just love loved!! The little bay ayrab caught my heart.

York always has such a nice atmosphere to it, well apart from the dust that is...lol

20. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

It is much different to having flying lessons :D And you should have been paying more attention to the steward and less to me trying to decide between a cupcake or a piece of banana bread *#) Your girl was probably thanking me though as she had her eyes closed at that stage having a snooze ;)

The little bay arab was a nice looking mare :) And I loved Kathyve's standy... you didn't know he was one by how he moved :D