York Horsemans Showhorse 26 Feb

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by mirawee, Feb 21, 2012.

1. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

lol snap problem solvered!!

2. It may be that York are affiliated with SHC but insured with EA.

3. How can SHCWA override a national SHC rule?

4. Nanna

Nanna Well-known Member

I beleive it is because it is not a grand national qualifier

therefore do not have to follow these rules

could be wrong so dont shoot me

but that makes total sense

we just want to make it simple so many rules!!

5. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

As BoV said York Horsemans is affiliated with EA and SHC but is EA insured. SHC haven't gotten back to us about whether their members are covered (and more importanty if YH are covered if they ride) so at this stage we are erring on the side of caution and require EA or YH membership :)

The reason SHCWA gave for allowing Clubs to offer both was for financial reasons - most official riders only do one ring anyway though and unofficial can do whatever they like :)

6. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Nanna is correct that the SHC Show Horse or Hunter Rule relates to Grand National Qualifying Shows and obviously relates to the HOTY, Classic, Masters and the Royal Show.

Not all riders attend these "little" everyday gymkhana shows to attain points, some do for the love of a day out with their horse/pony and friends and would prefer to get value (more classes) for their dollar, and make a big day of it, therefore it would not be viable for small clubs such as ours to lose our majority of numbers over enforcing to compete in one or the other at this stage. We do however only allow each combination to compete in either show horse or hunter at our Championship Show at the end of the season.

Good luck to all those attending, we hope you have a great and enjoyable day out.

Remember we have MEASURING starting at approx 7.30am.

You don't have to be competing to be measured so if you have a horse or pony you'd like measured feel free to bring them along. Dependent on numbers measurers are normally in attendance until 10amish.

7. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

so just picturing the grounds, where is the measuring bay? I can't think where it is!! Been there heaps of times but never for measuring...

8. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

It is out the back past the stables (but away from the railway line) near the creek. Sort of a quiet area lol You wont miss it.

9. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

Thanks NG, see ya Sunday.

(Just finishing your new masterpiece now.... @))

10. York Horsemans

York Horsemans New Member

WPCS Float Raffle Tickets available at York Event

Hi All,

Just a quick note that we will have a limited number of the Welsh Pony & Cob Society Float Raffle Tickets available for sale on the day.

Total of 200 tickets are being sold over all, will be drawn at the WPCS WA Youngstock Event.
    Cost: $50 per ticket
    Prize: 2 Horse Xplorer Horse Float

WPCS Float Raffle Tickets available at York Event

11. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Mirawee, do you have any idea how long you'd expect it to take before the Hunter Hack classes start in the encouragement ring?

I know it's 100% my responsibility to be there and ready to go on time. I'm just trying to avoid having to get there and then leave the boy tied to the float for hours and hours before we'll be on.

Any idea how long it usually takes to get through the leading rein and walk/trot classes?
    An hour? More? Less?

Thanks

12. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Unfortunately it depends completely on how many horses are entered! There is usually a reasonable turnout of W/T horses though. So I would say after 10 but then it is anyone's guess.

Also there are yards you can leave them in (and they can get used to the trains...)

13. York Horsemans

York Horsemans New Member

We don't normally get any ponies, normally only 1/2 but now that I have said that we will. As Mirawee said there are yards and indoor stables available.

14. jadebrook

jadebrook New Member

Would have loved to be coming to this show with my 4yr daughter but due to insurance reasons will be heading elsewhere

15. WheatbeltNic

WheatbeltNic Active Member

Putting my hand up as a walk/trot pony combination! :)*

Apparently my daughter (in her words) "Is NOT competing as lead-rein anymore". Must say I'm pretty darn thankful to hear those words. LOL.

16. Ants

Ants Well-known Member

good luck for everyone going tommorrow! im very jealous :(

17. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Thanks everyone.

We're going to leave the swan valley by 7am so should be there by 8.30am at the latest. So that should be heaps of time to get organised for the hack classes in the encouragement ring.

Hondy is all ready, my car is packed so I'll see you all in the morning.

Make sure you come and say hi. You can't miss us... he'll be the biggest, lardiest ranga in the ring :)

18. spok

spok New Member

Hey guy's. Does my horse need a height certificate for the walk trot ring? Cheers :)

19. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Spok, the form says that all entries must have a height certificate to compete.
    They are having measuring there on the day so it would be super easy to get your horse measured while you're there.

I have competed at shows in the past where it says that height cert's are required and mine was out of date. But then he was over 16hh on the expired one so could only have grown, and would always have been in the highest height class.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  20. Sim

Sim Well-known Member

Good luck everyone for tomorrow :))

Very jealous because I'm not coming now, was really looking forward to it as it was going to be my first show of the season.

Have fun and maybe see you at teh next one. :))