York Horsemans Showhorse 26 Feb

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by mirawee, Feb 21, 2012.

1. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Just a reminder that this event will be on in Northam this coming Sunday :)

Programmes available here: York Horsemans Association

The forecast if currently for a lovely 26C so it should be a great day :)*

2. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Yay!!! for it being under 30 degrees:)*

3. WheatbeltNic

WheatbeltNic Active Member

Thankfully the weather will be nice. :)

Looking forward to a lovely day.

4. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

oh please be cooler on the weekend LOL today was nasty!!!

5. Sim

Sim Well-known Member

Ok, just looked at program and entry form and am totally confused!

Will call organisers tomorrow, but in case anyone in the know is on here, it would be great if you could clarify and save me the phonecall tomorrow.

So, I am a SHC member and a ARC Member (affiliated EA), so that means that I must pay ( I am not a YH or EWA member):

1. Day horse $45
    2 Show Hunter $35
    3. Gound Fee $5
    4. Armband $5
    5. EWA Levy $5.

Total $95

Is this correct?

6. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

I read it as you must be a York Member or and EA member. So your arca membership won't cover it?

7. Sim

Sim Well-known Member

Yep, that's what I am thinking too. Oh well.... wonder if Gidge is still taking entries :p

8. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Sim, if you're not an EA or YH member (same as me at the moment) then you will need to join YH so you're covered by their insurance.
    So it would be:
    Membership - $40
    Entry - $20 or $25 (depending if you're choosing show horse or show hunter or if you're going to do both)
    Other fee's $15

So it will cost you either $75 or $80 for this show.
    But then if you come to any more YH shows it would just be the $35 or $40 (depending if you do show horse, show hunter or both).

And don't forget you will get $5 of that back when you hand your number back in at the end of the show.

There was an error on an earlier version of the program where it said that you have to choose between show horse and show hunter, it's been fixed now but some people may have an earlier version where it says you had to chose. You can do both, hence the option for both in the entry form.
    I believe the comment about choosing one or the other was put in there for another show and it was missed early on.

9. Sim

Sim Well-known Member

Thanks Bethy :)

That makes sense now.

If there's anyone who could clarify the timetable in the unoff ring, I would appreciate it. I'm still a bit confused about the Walt/ Trot, Intermediate etc.

Seems that there are walk trot classes, then there are show hunter and show hack classes, but within those classes they have both walk/trot and Intermediate classes (w,t,c).

Is that right?

10. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Pretty well :)

The classes will be run in the order they are listed in the programme :)

And I am a "nasty" steward who will start calling the class into the ring as soon as the other class has been sashed ;) Although I do start "marshalling" the class when the one before is still in the ring :p

It is a very big programme and I personally don't want to be waiting a long time in between classes ;)

ETA: although there may be short breaks between each section in the unofficial.

11. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Agree here, lets keep the show moving right along folks LOL

12. What about the rule of having to select to compete as a hunter or showhorse and stick to that throughout the season?

ETA - "Saddle Horse or Show Hunter (Competition Rules) – As of 1 January 2012 the following new rule applies: “Once a horse has competed as either a saddle horse or as show hunter at its first SHC competition in a calendar year it must remain as a saddle horse or show hunter at SHC competitions for that calendar year.”

York are affiliated with SHC aren't they, so therefore have to follow this rule?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2012
  13. Sim

Sim Well-known Member

I'd say they are not SHC affiliated, because onm the entry forms it says that you need to pay for YH membership, unless you already are a YH or EA member.

ETA: Just checked, it is a SHC qualifier.So maybe they are talking about the encouragement ring when they say you can choose to do both hunter and hack?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  14. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

It is a SHC qualifier and we have it in writing from SHC of WA that competitiors DO NOT need to choose one or the other at small shows and can compete at both :)

15. Sim

Sim Well-known Member

Mirawee,

If it is a SHC qualifier, then i am assuming that YH is SHC affiliated?? Why then is SHC membership not adequate for insurance?

Also, what was the rationale behind having w,t classes in the encouragement ring, then followed by more w,t classes between the w,t,c classes in the hack and hunter rings?

16. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Sim they have w/t ponies then w/t rider then w/t horse. Then they start the intemediate/encouragement rings which are all w/t/c??

17. Sim

Sim Well-known Member

Don't think so.

They have w,t classes and then they have Hunter Hacks and Hacks and within these clases they have normal classes and then 'Intermediate classes'. My understanding is that only the intermediate classes are WTC.

For eg:

26.Show Hunter Galloway over 14.0hh up to & incl 15.0hh
    27. Show Hunter Hack over 15.0hh
    28. Intermediate Show Hunter Hack over 14.0hh (Eligible Intermediate Champ Only)

18. Sim

Sim Well-known Member

Right you are!!

I misunderstood the intermediate thing and then I had crossed wires with Mirawee, but got it now!

19. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

The other classes are w/t/c - they are what I will be doing.

20. Sim

Sim Well-known Member

Yep, me too.
    See you there!
    Dapply brown chubby welsh D cob with short, chubby rider!:)