York Horsemans Gymkhana June 26th

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by mirawee, May 25, 2011.

1. Topaz17

Topaz17 Active Member

I have just spoken to the organiser and the Entry Form is the correct one with 70, 80, 90 etc

See you all there. might give the 90 a go as i have not taken my mare higher then 85 as we had issues in the past but things have been going well so will give it a bash, just hope i am brave enough lol:(

2. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

just popped back in thankyou to who-ever you were who sent me the entry forms (I dont recognise the email address, LOL yes i am blond with a attention span of a goldfish!!!)

i had to download a reader for them as mine was playing up!!!

3. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

I'm coming with Jordan and his pony Diego in the leadline.

So far I am bringing some Hi Shine, two browbands, a storage bag and a bridle bag for others coming to the show to either look at or collect.

So, might as well fill the car up, if anyone wants to purchse anything and save postage, drop me a line and I can bring it with me (or if you want to look at any of the new things I have in stock - take a look at my site and then let me know what you want me to bring up)

4. York Horsemans

York Horsemans New Member

Thanks to all.....

Just a quick note to say thanks to all that attended today, we had fantastic numbers. Big thanks also to our judges and our accosted helpers for all your work.

Also thanks to Avon Valley SJ & PC for holding the Jumping, Dressage, Novelties and Handy Pony classes.

I hope a fun day was had by all.

5. Topaz17

Topaz17 Active Member

I had such a fantastic day! Started with the novelties which was a great warm up for my dressage, then did my handy pony, 80cm sj knocked a rail but was a nice round! Last thing for the day was 90cm sj, I haven jumped this high for a long time and the the pony has never done that high either! She flew round the course rattle a few rails but we were clear so had to do the jump off! We were clear and I was so so proud of her cause it's been a long road to this point!

My results for the day were
    1st in each novelty bar the diamond flag which we got 3rd
    2nd handy pony
    2nd prlim 1c dressage
    2nd 90cm sj
    Overall novelty winner

So so pround of my pony :) :)

I hope everyone else had a good day too!!

6. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

We had a fantastic day as well!!

Many thanks to Magic for helping with our er wardrobe malfunction lol
    It was so lovely to see your young lad enjoying his pony with such a happy face.

My Tammy the Troll settled well and we got Champion Hunter, Champion Hack and Champion Rider. Our biggest thrill tho was an unexpected good ride and win in our first Novice Dressage test after a very average and tense Prelim test.

So very happy campers alround!

It was terrific to see fabulous numbers out there and so many kids riding thier ponies and having a great time.

Well Done to both clubs for a great show day, catered for absolutley everything, fantastic prizes and heaps of smiling faces.

7. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

NG you are welcome, must of been my lucky lackie that helped you get all those broad sashes!!

Jordan had a great time, despite being ready for 10am (the prorgam indicated we would start then) and not being on until 12.45! We were the only leadliner there, so he got all the blues.... but he gets an extra blue in my eye as he did his best ever rising trot and took control of Diego really well, he is improving so much!

8. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Well done to both clubs for running the events. Turnout looked good for everything including both the unofficial and official hacking :)*

I only did the jumping and handy pony with Folly since we don't do trot after cantering ROFL. Was very proud of him given it was his first jumping comp in 2.5 years and he has only jumped 5 times in training since he came back into work after 2 years off :D

We did the 70 and 80cm and got double clear jumping faults in each. Although we did manage to get 1 time fault in the 80cm jumpoff... not sure how he could have made up time since he did a tight track and didn't go that slowly between fences (325-350 min)! Admittedly we didn't hoon like the ponies do though :p

Well done NG and Topaz :)* And special well done to Magic's son Jordan :))(there is red cordial in the cup...) Also well done to the other Stockies who competed there :)

Oh, and Magic is evil... she brought a few things up for me to look at, including 3 browbands made in colours I requested as she couldn't decide which one was best for Nova. Well Nova now has 2 new browbands *#) Apparently Magic "forgot" that my Mum would be there too ROFL. Although admittedly I couldn't pick between them either.

9. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Oh, and I have photos of NG, Magic/Jordan and Picup... didn't get them off my camera last night though as I was exhausted :p

10. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

ha ha you give him red cordial he is ALL YOURS for the day lol...

Nothing evil about providing good customer service I reckon. I knew your mum would probably be there, just forgot she is more of a browband addict than you are. :p:p

Thanks for your support and for taking pics, love to see them (happy for you to post them on here [and the little vid if you want]) @)

11. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

I will post the photos and vid tonight :)

12. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

13. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

awww thank you so much Mirawee! Love the little video, he has come so far!!!

**)