York Horsemans (First Event for 2012) 26th Feb

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by York Horsemans, Jan 11, 2012.

1. jadebrook

jadebrook New Member

Would it make a difference if she was a member of the SHC?( insurance reasons) Northam is just the only show where ponies are on seperate to the galloways/ hacks which makes it possible for her to ride and stay happy but enable me to still ride my galloway. Just a thought if not will just have to wait till next year where she turns 5 in febuary

2. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Will find out and discuss it and get back to you after Saturday :)

3. jadebrook

jadebrook New Member

HI was wondering how the meeting went regarding this. Thanks

4. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

A few things that were decided on at the meeting...

In the official ring hacks will be first then ponies while the Encouragement ring will be leadrein then WT (starting with ponies) then WTC for all the shows this year.

There will be full hunter programmes in both the Official and Encouragement rings.

Encouragement leadrein will be for riders up to 10 years on ponies 14hh and under. The minimum age will be confirmed with the insurance company asap to make sure that children younger than 5yo will be covered.

If allowed, both Official and Encouragement lead rein will be able to have riders competing from 3yo. Leader must be 18 years and over for both rings.

For shows where it is available the Encouragement leadrein and WT pony classes will be held in the small enclosed arena before moving out to the larger arena for the WT hacks and all WTC classes. The only show we think that this won't be available is the show combined with the PC running SJ, dressage and games in June.

At this stage measuring is not confirmed but we are trying very hard to organise it!

Dates for 2012 are:

Feb 26th
    Mar 18th
    Apr 15th - 2 ring circus for official horses as long as we can get judges
    May 12th - which will not be a RAS qualifier as Avon Valley ARC (in Toodyay) have their show on the 13th. This is a good weekend have a nice country weekend away and get to two shows.
    June 10th
    June 24th - again not a RAS qualifier. SJ, games and dressage will also be run on this day by the PC
    July 15th
    August 19th - Championship show (hopefully with interstate judges)

This year is the 60th anniversary of the Club and a few things have been organised to commemorate this.

5. Sallie

Sallie Well-known Member

Hi Mirawee, do you hava a start time for the show ( hopefully not to early for those coming from Perth)

Along with entry fees please

Thanks for that

6. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Start time and entry fees are the same as last year...

So start will be 9am and I have no idea on fees!

Given it is still summer you wouldn't want to start any later but you have lots of daylight in the morning ;)

ETA: Programme will be out as soon as I have confirmed the lower age limit with the insurers. It will be similar to the one currently on the website though except for order of judging and some slight changes to the Encouragement leadrein section.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  7. Nanna

Nanna Well-known Member

Can we start earlier??

Janine and I dont mind driving up earlier....just incase it is very hot
    :))

8. jadebrook

jadebrook New Member

FANTASTIC!! If all works out will put her offical leadind rein as reg SHC ( didnt wawnt to push my luck earlier ha ha )

9. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Jadebrook, don't get your hopes up too soon. Initial feedback from the insurer is that minimum age is as per EA rules. So we have more checking up to do as the age requirements in EA rules seem to only relate to HOY. As the Club is insured through EWA I don't know that being a member of SHC helps in this respect. That is something that needs to be checked with their insurer.

Insurance is a PITA!!!!!!

Nanna, I am not sure about the earlier bit. That means less time in bed :eek: Will see what others want ;) Hopefully it will be a nice weekend with tops around 26 :D

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  10. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

My preferred Top Temp would be 20.....

11. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

26 is more realistic for Feb though ROFL.

12. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Now why Mirrawee is sorting out all the difficult stuff I just thought I'd let you all know of a few extras we are running:-

We run a Hi Point each year for Members of York Horsemans who attend a minimum of three fixtures in Calendar Year, not including our final champs show. Membership is $40.00/year. The Hi Point Awards are for:-

(Forgot to mention, these are in both rings)
    . Hi Point Hunter Pony under 14hh
    . HI Point Hunter over 14hh
    . Hi Point Show Pony Under 14hh
    . Hi Point Show Horse over 14hh
    . and a Walk/Trot Encouragement Award

We are also running an Official Two Ring Circus at our April 15th Fixutre.

And we are working on organising the "Avon Horse of the Year" to be held in conjunction with our Championship Show in August. Horses/Ponies will need to qualifiy for this class by attending a minimum number of York Horsemans Fixtures, probably three fixtures, but to be confirmed.

So we have an exciting year ahead and hope to see many of you there.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  13. WheatbeltNic

WheatbeltNic Active Member

OMG SO love these changes! Looking forward to attending all your events this year. :))

14. Cadabby

Cadabby Well-known Member

These shows sound fantastic! - didn't make it to any last year but I think this year I'll try and get to most. :) I need to cut down on driving to Perth for shows with the cost of fuel - this is nice and local!

Looking forward to seeing the programme - will probably join as a member too, does that mean no day membership for insurance?

15. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

If you are a York Horseman's member there is no day fee's plus you also have cheaper entry fees and eligable for the Hi Point Awards.

16. WheatbeltNic

Can you be a York Horseman's Member if you also a member of another Pony Club? Sorry but I don't yet know the ins and outs of all the official stuff. :eek:

17. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

York Horsemen's is not a PC so it doesn't matter what else you are a member of :) If you plan to compete at a few shows it is definitely cheaper to be a member :)

18. WheatbeltNic

Thanks. I think I should become a member (or at least my daughter). Thanks to the changes that have been made for upcoming events I think (all going to plan with pony and rider) we will be attending pretty much every event they hold this year. It's nice and close to us and such a great day. :)

19. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Just remember if you are leading you need to be covered by insurance as well :)

20. WheatbeltNic

So we'd both need to become members?

PS. Not that I'd mind. :))