York Horsemans Championship Hack Show - Official & Unofficial

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Dollar, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

oh thanks guys I'll tell my friend....
    lol......

2. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

ROFL!!! That's too funny!

3. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

I've just clicked on.... still getting over the Royal ! Is this perhaps a white (grey) mare's mane we are talking about Magic ????

4. NallaFortuneTeller

NallaFortuneTeller New Member

I'll be going :)
    Looks like a great show :)*

5. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

Ummmmm, maybe.... (squirms around looking for somewhere else to be....)

Changing the subject quickly... I have 'parental permission' from Diego's georgeous and lovely owner to pull his mane. Wish me luck you guys....

6. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

hehehe....... luck !

Go on you Fortune Teller, the more the merrier.

7. Yikkers

Yikkers New Member

I am hoping to get my horse there too... Awesome program.

8. York Horsemans

York Horsemans New Member

Hi All,

Hope you are all getting your entries in and ready to come along. Rugs are ordered, Garlands stocked up...

9. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

Hey Dollar / YH I went to Northam today and went along the road the old bridge is on(no idea of the name of it) and the road to the grounds is blocked off/closed next to the old bridge the sign says until December for bridgeworks? I assume there must be another way in to the grounds?

10. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

I suss that out and get back to you !

11. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Apparently there may be bridge works, but the turn off is just before the bridge so hopefully it will not affect our turn off. I have the President sussing it out to confirm for sure.

12. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

Looking forward to this show. Party will be there with Keeley and we will bring Romeo for a look around may even enter him and get someone to ride him in a class or two to see how he goes!:D

13. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

OK now i've just heard that the road you turn left into off Forrest Rd just before the bridge does have a detour, but apparently it is all sign posted etc...

So basically you'll turn left into the road before which is only a short road and heads towards Northam High School and it's oval, then you turn right and then left and your back on track on the road out to the pony club grounds. I'll look up the names of the roads but it sounds pretty straight forward.

14. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Just letting everyone know that this show is a:

"A Qualifer for RAS and EWA points only".

15. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

we will be ther doing 1st ridden, sml s/hunter and large pony

16. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

Thanks for clarifying Dollar, there were no detour signs when I sent there, I was thinking thats not the best place to do a u turn in a float. Good they have signs up now...

Now Jordan has decided he doesn't want to ride this weekend so I have an older child doing the unofficial pony ring. Show hunter or show hack (lol, what a choice, is he either???) Any opinions??? (For those that haven't seen him he's a fat pally shetland who is very green and coming out for experience only)

17. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

do show pony then coz they can forgive bad behaviour show hunters are to be better behaved and are put down if norty:)*

18. York Horsemans

Detour Instructions

Hi All,

Due to Bridgeworks, there is unfortunately a detour to get to the Northam Equestrian Park. Please follow the below.

Forrest St
    Left into Hampton St
    Right into Kennedy St
    Left into Clarke St which becomes Suburban Rd.

A map showing the detour is available on the York Website, York Horsemans Association

19. York Horsemans

SHC Qualifying Points

Hi All,

Unfortunately York was advised this afternoon, that any points gained at the Championship Hack Day this weekend, are not valid for the SHC WA.

We do apologise for any inconvenience and the late notice, but as mentioned we were only advised of this change today.

The event is still and RAS Qualifier and EWA.

20. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

Best of luck to everyone competing at Northam tomorrow!

Hopefully the weather will be lovely:)