York Horsemans Championship Event

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by York Horsemans, Jul 26, 2011.

1. taylor

taylor Well-known Member

I'm going to win that raffle, just so you all know!

It's only fair, it's my birthday and I'm spending it at the show haha. :)

2. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

PB we are putting on some nibbles after the show and thought best not to put on the alcohol but your welcome to BYO, I will be.

And Taylor, you best by the winning ticket.

3. York Horsemans

York Horsemans New Member

Hi All,

Just another note, for those out of towners, if you are interested in utilising the stables on the grounds and camping so you can do the event at Toodyay you are more than welcome to do so.

Hope to see you all there. I have made some minor changes, inclusion of some height splits.

4. WheatbeltNic

WheatbeltNic Active Member

Just made a phone call this morning and it seems we can compete in the encouragement ring without being EWA or York Horseman members, and without a height certificate.

Can someone double check for me who's involved with the management committee? Don't want to make the trip if we get there and find out we cannot compete. Just trying to play it safe. :)

5. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

You do not need to be a member of SHC or EWA to compete at shows. Only if you want points for HOTY or the Royal. You will just have to pay the club insurance on the day. This is for most shows:)*

6. WheatbeltNic

Thanks, the program just had a lot of red lettering regarding rego etc. :)

7. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

so you would just need to pay the day membership of the club, which is on the entry form :)*

8. York Horsemans

You will be required to pay Day Membership and you will be required to be measured, which can be done on the day.

To compete at this event all riders and lead rein handlers must be either a member of the EWA or York Horsemans (either yearly member or the day member).

All horses are required to have a current EWA or SHC WA height certificate and there is measuring available on the day.

9. WheatbeltNic

How does the measuring work? Do I need to take any forms along or anything?

10. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

If your pony has any registration papers (breed or ridden) then take those, otherwise just take pony without any rugs or bandages on and $10 (or maybe $15 but am pretty sure it is $10) :) You will be asked if you want EWA or Show Horse Council or both but in unofficial it makes no difference which one you have so just choose one :)

11. WheatbeltNic

Thanks.

Pony has unknown parents, no paperwork, no known brands (if he has them they're not visible) and I can't remember who I brought him off because I picked him up 4yrs ago cheap as chips from the quokka.

I am looking around for someone who will travel this far out of Perth to freeze brand him with our farm brand.

12. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Karl Buckley does country runs and does a great job branding :)

13. spok

spok New Member

Karl Buckley is great. He did my boy for me **)

14. spok

spok New Member

I am so looking forward to this show :)

15. WheatbeltNic

Karl rarely travels this far out of the way. Unfortunately.

But we've been told we can compete in the unofficial ring, so we're going!

We'll be the team with the unruly Shetland pony who's suffering from separation anxiety and being a general pest at his first competition. :)

That's if we can get him on the float to get there in the first place. He's only floated once to my place by his previous owners and arrived with both front legs over the centre partition and covered in a white lather sweat.

Should be fun.

16. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

There is a hack coming from my stables, i might come up for the drive and enjoy the countryside! havent been up this way for a while :)*

17. York Horsemans

Just a reminder for all that we will be commencing our day in the Official Ring with Show Hunter Hacks, the Encouragement Ring will commence with the Walk Trot Hacks. Pony ring start times will depend on numbers, but will not commence before 10:30.

Also for those making their first trip to the grounds in Northam, a map is available on the following link http://www.york.equestrian.org.au/site/equestrian/york/downloads/Map%20to%20Northam.JPG
    Please note if you are using a Sat Nav, there are 2 Suburban Roads.

18. spok

spok New Member

Hey guy's, does anyone know what time the measuring will be starting:)*

19. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Normally by 7.30am.

20. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Well both ponies worked a dream tonight so hoping to have both there on Saturday.