York Horsemans at Northam results and pics

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Lily, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

Well after a slightly shaky start with Jordan having one assisted fall (I caught him) and one unassisted fall (he hit the dirt hard) as Diego was a bit fresh and a teeny bit cheeky... Jordan brushed away the tears and like a true campion, hopped back on for his first leadline show. We took it very easy, I held his leg in case he became unseated again, and as we were the only competitors, the judge allowed us to just walk in the first class, and then built up to a longer trot in the champion class. He was rising trot without holding the saddle at home so we'll work on a plan so he can do that out and about too (inclduing me adjusting the stirrups properly after I cleaned them... duhh)

I take my hat off to you leadline mums, it's harder than it looks! I couldn't steer him properly!

Anyway, we have one VERY HAPPY little 4 year old boy who still adores the pony and wants to go to another show again tomorrow.....

(and i have a better plan for next time!)

pics time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Awww how totally cute! Good to hear Jordan had so much fun :)*

3. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

You guys look so gorgeous!!!
    I'm a proud aunt :)

4. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

awwwww gorgeous!!!

forgot that was on today, would of gone for a gander (billys lost a shoe so didnt enter him)

hope everyone had a lovely day even tho the weather is playing funny buggers!!!

5. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

well done Mel, Jordan and Diego.
    Its alot of hard work Mel but its worth it to see our kids smile when they win a ribbon.**) Diego looks great clipped up. :)

6. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

wooohooo...well done to rider, pony and leader**) VERY VERY CUTE!!!!**)

7. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

Thanks, so does 'proud aunt' want to try and plait the fart of hair for me next time??

8. crave

crave Well-known Member

We had a lovely day even though its was freezing and blowing a gale up there. I couldnt have been happier with my boy today. We havent been out for about 4 months due to me not being well and he has only been ridden a few times in the last couple of weeks. Anyway our results were:
    Champion Ladies Galloway over 14hh up to 15hh
    Reserve Champion Medium/Heavy weight show hunter galloway
    2nd Rider over 30 years
    3rd Show Hunter Galloway over 14hh up to 15hh
    1st Galloway over 14hh up to 14.2hh
    1st Medium Heavy weight hack over 14hh
    Had a lovely day and hope the club continues with lots more!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. crave

crave Well-known Member

Oh forgot to add this was in the UNOFFICIAL ring.....some lovely horses in the official today.

10. Ro63

Ro63 New Member

Well done to the organisers - the grounds were great considering the rain we've been having...we'll definitely being going to the Champ Day. Was a lovely day and it didn't rain :D.....pie on the way home at Bakers Hill was a real treat....yummmmmmmm

11. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Glad everyone had a good day, when I get organised today i'll put all the results up.

12. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Woohoo Jordan. Well done. I wonder who made your lovely browband!!!!