York Horseman Results!.....

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Arnie, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

So here I am sitting in my car 3.5 hours later waiting for someone to rescue me! Hubby is on his way but that's another two hours wait!

So I'm VERY eager to hear of the results today! So sorry I didn't make it! I was all set to sponsor everyone too!

2. Sorrel

Sorrel Well-known Member

Hey Arnie,

Saw a lady on the opposite ring with a zoom lens and was going to see if it was you and say hi, shame you couldn't make it

Only took one photo as not my forte. Am tired and sunburnt and I just watched lol. Nice day out with my mother and friend. Saw a few stockies.

Was only a few entrants in each class but quality none the less. I think everyone was taking a break after the Royal.

Results in Show Hack :-

1st Hack over 16h
    1st Medium/Heavyweight Hack over 15.0h
    1st Ladies Hack over 15h
    RESERVE CHAMPION SHOW HACK

Had nice comments from the judge and on the sidelines, more outings will help iron out a few tenseness issues.

Finished for day
    [​IMG]

3. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Congratulations Sorrel! I spent 5.5 hours on the road side on my own lol. Just heading home now!

4. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Since you weren't there Arnie I snapped some photos of as many people as I could after finishing with Diva :) No where near as good a quality as you can take but better than nothing. I will upload some soon.

Numbers were disappointing :( Diva was the only official show hunter over 14hh so we now have another pretty garland :) I then decided to take her into the hack classes to boost numbers which was a bad decision on my part :(

First time riding in newly fitted saddle for more than 15 minutes (only had the chance for one ride after picking it up) and I can safely say saddle fitter will be called first thing tomorrow! I was wondering why Diva was getting worse behaviour wise as the day went on (she started out great!) and realised why as soon as I looked at the sweat patches when I took her saddle off :( Sorry Diva Pony! Not that it would have made much difference as the other galloway was all class as a show hack :)*

5. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

noway!!!

was that you mirawee???

billy was trying to eat!!!

OMG!!!

Hi!!!

:D

6. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

:D Yep, I obviously taste good :)*

Nice to "meet" you even if slightly delayed ROFL.

If anyone wants to see if I have photos of your horse send me a PM and I will tell you my real name as I will be uploading them to FB. I took photos of most of the unofficial galloways/hacks, the unofficial junior riders and the official galloway and hack champions.

7. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Great results Sorrel! He is such a beautiful boy :)

8. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

Awesome results Sorrel makes the sunburn and tiredness so much more worth it!!!! Congrats**)**)

9. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Well since I have just found out I have taken around 300 photos from my brief stint photographing I don't think I am going to get through them all anytime soon ROFL. I don't know how pro photograpers do it after a big show! I am bored already and I have probably only looked through around 50 or so LOL.

Anyway, to start with here is my Diva...

[​IMG]

And Dirtbug's Billy....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

Awesome results Sorrel and Mirawee,

you all looked awesome to us hiding under the trees watching you guys.

that sunshine sure had a kick to it today!!!

mirawee- awww look at her, we didnt get to see your garland closely due to being over the otherside but from over where we were you looked awesome!!!

OMG that last pic, quite makes us look like we know what we are doing out there LOL LOL LOL!!!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  11. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

What a wonderful atmosphere up there today. Huge congrats to all the competitors, it was so great watching everyone improve throughout the day.

Dirtbug, you and your boy improved so much from start to finish, he started to settle and soften, major congrats :)*

12. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

Kimaley were you the judge???

OMG!!!

:D

13. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Sure was ;) Nice to meet you in a round about kind of way haha!

14. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

hahahaha awesome, hello back and lovely to meet you :)

i know all the ladies from my club basically 99% of us there, thought you were awesome, and really liked your feedback!!!

Started to feel sorry for you standing in the sun while we were hiding under the trees :D

15. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Aww thanks, glad to hear it :) Yes it was pretty hot and dusty in that sun. In the end it was nice hiding under the trees, glad I have a big voice when I want to so I could yell across the other side :p

16. Sorrel

Sorrel Well-known Member

Arnie - such a long wait, glad you are ok though

Thanks Lakota and Merlin, he was up against a gorgeous hack in the Ladies and did a nice extended trot/workout but then fluffed it for Champ - gotta love those naughty moments :eek:

Good on you Dirtbug - I love Billy's colour/markings.

I don't know how you gals do it, in the heat wearing hacking jackets, I was exhausted just watching my rider Liesl working out lol.

17. Jumpingbean

Jumpingbean New Member

Hi Kimaley, I apparently am the other 1% who thought your words of advice were excellent!! Thanks for the tips you gave us! I had the big bay, clydie cross. Hope to cross paths with you again.

18. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Nice to meet you too then JB! Your boy is absolutely lovely. His trot work is beautiful, he sits and comes from behind so well. I hope you can get him right as he really is a lovely boy.

19. Jumpingbean

Jumpingbean New Member

Thankyou Kimaley. He was at chiros this morning and yep he had twisted his pelvis AGAIN! So we have come up with an intensive muscle conditioning programme and next year hopefully we will be out in force in the Hunter classes.

20. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

well done mirrawee!! woowoo!
    i thought about going but heard a few average comments bout the grounds last year and things and its so far away! but looks like you all had a great time!! well done!! will go next year :)