York Championship Results 13 Aug

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Sorrel, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Sorrel

Sorrel Well-known Member

What a glorious day, beautiful drive and a good turnout for hack/hunter

Merlin and my TB competed in the official hunter for :_

2nd Show Hunter Hack over 16h (7 in this class)
    1st Light Medium weight show hunter hack over 15h and

CHAMPION

Huge thank you to Merlin, the organisers York Horsemans/Dollar and sponsor for the beautiful rug from Sunninghill Equestrian Park. :))

Some lovely comments from the judge as first time in a double bridle and well done to the Reside family for Reserve Hunter Hack. Good to see Jayd Barton, Melissa Jenkins in our ring and saw a quick glimpse of Nannygoat on other side of arena.

Some photos

Watching hot air ballooning on drive there after stopping off at Bakers Hill Pie Shop - yum

[​IMG]

Merlin and Jack

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Champion Show Hunter Galloway and Supreme Show Hunter Hack Jayde Lister and Redline Sensation (go Purrfection and mum Wendy !)

[​IMG]

2. Beanie

Beanie Well-known Member

Yay well done :)*
    He looks awesome in the double, congrats on the rug!

A great win against a quality horse too!

3. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Well done on your results :)
    Beautifully presented as usual!

Howwww does Merlin manage to keep her jods spotless? I look like I've rolled in dirt by the time I get on *#)

4. Beanie

Beanie Well-known Member

oh and what a great turnout for the over 16h- 7 is fantastic!

5. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Wooohoo!! Fantastic Sorrel, and very well derserved **):)

Well done to yourself and Merlin for all the work you have put into him. And he has been turned out immaculately as usual!!

6. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Haha Lauren - me too!!

7. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Well done Sorrel!

8. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Well done Sorrel! After seeing him work out today I can say he looks way better in the flesh too and he looks speccy in the photos :D It is just a pity he didn't quite get it perfect in the Supreme but it was a long morning for an inexperienced horse :)

Redline Sensation has developed heaps since I saw him last as well!

Congratulations to everyone who went today :) There were some fantastic horses there and the judges' were given a hard job in a lot of classes :)

9. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

Congratulations Sorrel and Merlin!!!

was a gorgeous day today!!!

10. WheatbeltNic

WheatbeltNic Active Member

Unfortunately there was no other lead-rein riders in the encouragement ring, so competition was non-existent for us... but in saying that they lovely judge Emma Dunn did point out to my daughter that she didn't have to award a first place if it wasn't deserved, unfortunately I don't think my daughter understood. LOL. She also provided us with lots of hints and tips and some beautiful compliments.

So we came home from our first show with:

1st Smartest on Parade
    1st Lead Rein Rider 5 - 8 years
    1st Lead Rein Pony 11.2hh and under
    Champion Lead Rein Pony.

Thankyou to all the wonderful stockies I met and whom provided some much needed laughs and gags to lighten the mood.

Did anyone get the website for the professional photographer that was there today? He took heaps of photo's of Lara and I forgot (in our excitement) to grab his business card.

I think Lara's face says it all in this picture.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  11. spok

spok New Member

Well today wasn't one of our best, but we got out there, got a place and started to relax, eventually. All good experience**)

12. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

My mare was at her worst today *sigh* but we are sure there are better days to come.

Altho we did get Champ Rider and a fantastic High Point rug!! Was a wonderful surprise!

The quality of horses today was awesome. Sooo many official hacks/ponies great to see them all travel out.

York put on a wonderful day, they truly deserve a pat on the back. Was a shame I had to head home, duty called, instead of nibbles....
    They also use very encouraging, helpful judges which makes for an even more successful day. Their feedback and understanding goes a long way.

Sorrel - massive congrats with your sensational boy. I missed you before you left.

Wheatbeltnic lets hope we see you out at the next day. Your outfit looked fab.

13. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

I sure wasnt at my best today! i soldiered on to take one of my girls up to get some points. Beautiful weather, good company but glad to be home and hope this flu gets lost sooner rather than later................:)*

14. Jadelise

Jadelise Well-known Member

Aw Max! Looks gorgeous as always!

Your boy looks great Sorrell!
    Each time he looks better i think! :)*

15. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

Congrats, sorrel. Your boy is jut looking bettr and better.

16. Serenity

Serenity Well-known Member

WOO HOO Sorrel, HUGEST congrats to you - Jack worked awesome. Merlin rides him so well!! I was so excited to see him win champion. Very well deserved!!!! :)):)):)) He is a beautiful horse!!!**)

Congratulations to all the winners!!!!:))

17. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

ooooh nooo you must think im so rude Sorrel!!!

i do remember you, im just in my own world trying to not talk myself out of riding esp days like today when the place is full of awesome riders!!!

oh and hoping my anxiety doesnt show to billy LOL he reads me like a book the monster he is :D

18. Cassy Horse

Cassy Horse Well-known Member

Big congratulations Sorrel and Merlin, wonderful to see everything paying off :))

19. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

Thankyou everyone for your kind words :)

Jack is such a wonderful horse to be around and ride..... And Sorrel knows how awesome I think she is and SPECIAL ;) xx

Had the best drive up there this morning thru the back of Toodyay so much so will be taking the family for a drive soon :) Thankyou to the organisers for a great day, the weather couldn't have been more perfect:))

20. daisy1

daisy1 New Member

does anyone have any official small hunter pony results ??