York Championship Day & Northam Race Club Avon Horse of the Year

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by York Horsemans, Jul 30, 2012.

1. York Horsemans

York Horsemans New Member

19th August, 2012 held at Northam Equestrian Park.
    Rings commencing at: 8:30am

Huge thanks to all our sponsors...

Ring 1 : Darryl Hayes (VIC)
    Ring 2 : Katrina Kearns (VIC)
    Encouragement : Pip Statkus

Please Note Official Pony Splits;

Show Pony heights and rider ages as follows;
    Small Show Pony 12.0hh & under (Rider 14 yrs & under)
    Show Pony over 12.0hh up to & including 13.0hh (Rider any age)
    Show Pony over 13.0hh up to & including 14.0hh (Rider any age)

Show Hunter Pony heights and rider ages as follows;
    Show Hunter Pony 12.2hh & under (Rider 14 yrs & under)
    Show Hunter Pony over 12.2hh up to & including 14.0hh (Rider any age)

Measuring will be available on the day.

Pre-entries accepted until the 13th August, 2012. Entries will be accepted on the day, however a late entry fee will be charged.

Program online
    http://www.york.equestrian.org.au/site/equestrian/york/downloads/Programs/Champ Show 2012.pdf

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  2. York Horsemans

York Horsemans New Member

Thanks to the sponsors

I would like to say a huge thanks to all our sponsors of this event. Thanks to their support we have many prizes and vouchers to give out on the day.

We will also be holding a raffle which includes prizes such as Fisher & Paykel Scanpans, a false tail voucher and many more prizes.

3. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Great show, great program, looking forward to a good busy day.

4. Cassy Horse

Cassy Horse Well-known Member

Is there anywhere that does overnight agistment in York?

It's a 5 hour drive though for us so probably not the most sensible decision with two big Perth shows over the next month *#)

5. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

It is in Northam not York :)

If your pony is happy in a yard (WIWO) we can offer somewhere 45-60 mins from the grounds depending on how fast you drive (Gidgegannup). Otherwise Dollar may know of somewhere closer :D

I will be doing the Encouragement show horse on Mr Harvey. Karl gets to see his campdrafter all dolled up again ROFL

6. Cassy Horse

Thanks Mirawee for your offer :)), but after discussions with mother don't think we will be able to make it up. I would have loved to have had the opportunity to show under Darryl Hayes though

7. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Oh such ashame you can't make it.

Hoping we have a good day and lots of entries.

8. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Pre-Entries closed monday?

Looking forward to this and hope that the weather gods are going to be kind lol

9. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

This show is this Sunday, entries on the day are accepted.

A great program, friendly atmosphere, brilliant sponsors and a great show to be had.

* Rugs
    * Gorgeous Sashes
    * Garlands
    * Prizes Galore
    * Avon Horse Of The Year

Looking forward to seeing as many there as possible or even for a nice drive and day out come for a visit.

10. Cassy Horse

Waaa I so wished we could have come up. It's times like this that I actually wish I lived in Perth, with this show, Masters next weekend, HOTY the week after, and then the other HOTY two weeks after. Too much driving for us down southers!

11. Broke AZ will be attending the York Championship Day and Avon Horse of the Year at Northam tommorow. Broke AZ are donating a massage voucher and random vouchers for $10.00 off thier next massage to purchasers of TuffRock on the day!

12. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

I so wished we could have entered but because of my father passing away 3 weeks ago the poor pony has been totally neglected. Goodluck to everyone, i cant wait to see photos.

13. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

well done guys!!!

you all look awesome too!!!

14. daisy1

daisy1 New Member

anyone got the official large pony results ? :)

15. Cassy Horse

How exciting M!!! :))

Does anyone know who won Champ / Res Hack?

Thankyou :)

16. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

small pony champ: Wendamar Tulip
    res: Wendamar Bertie Beetle

med pony champ: YP Louis Vuitton
    res: Yule Tara Ooh La La

large pony champ: Leara Park Royal Petite
    res: Glomax Jazzman

Galloway champ: BML Encore
    res: Gordon Park Concerto

Hack champ: Yule Tara Divine
    res: Kolbeach Renaissance

Think that is right:)*

17. Nikiwink

Nikiwink Well-known Member

Was a great day out - Thanks again to the show organisers, judges and sponsers :)

18. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Pretty sure Leanda is right, I'll try and get major results up tomorrow for you.

Thank you all for supporting us and making our 60th Anniversary Show such a huge success.

If you were lucky enough to win a prize today could you please contact your sponsor and say a very big Thank You, even a photo would be nice. If you need contact details don't hesitate to flick me a message/email and I'll forward them onto you. With out these very generous sponsors shows like this would not run.

Many many thanks to our judges Philippa Statkus, Darryl Hayes & Katrina Kearns for your valuable time. Also a massive pat on the back and thanks to our stewards Janine, Sue and Emma you all did an amazing job and our show wouldn't have run as well without your very valued help. And to Vicki for taking many memorable photos for everyone to cherish of their day out.

Be back with results shortly.

19. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Thanks York Horsemans on running such a great show.
    It was a long day but we had a heap of fun and the Lardy and I managed to win not just out first every trophy rug, but our first and second ever trophy rugs :)
    We were champion hunter over 14hh and then supreme horse over 14hh in the unofficial ring.
    He was beautifully behaved all day and we had SO many great moments. I couldn't be prouder of him!
    [​IMG]