York Ag show

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by HalcyonStables, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Who is going? I just filled out my daughter's leadline entry form :) She's been bugging me to do another show for ages!

2. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

She will LOVE it. When we lived there my son did the leadline classes at the ag show about 3 years with his black shetland. Its always a nice friendly atmosphere and they have always had judges that are great with the kids. Numbers are quite low for leadline so not as stressful too :) Also only a couple of classes so its over quick, leaving plenty of time to look at everything else thats there.

3. WheatbeltNic

WheatbeltNic Active Member

We are going in the lead-line events too! Great program for the little ones.

4. Remaani

Remaani Guest

My son was going to do the Leadline but as the show has been split & the horse events moved to the PC grounds, we are not bothering.

Have a great day Merrylegs. **)

5. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

Why have they moved the events to the PC ground? Thats such a shame. Sounds almost like they don't want to continue having equine classes? I thought the pony club ground had closed hence why York PC runs out of the Northam grounds???

6. Remaani

Remaani Guest

The footy grounds aren't ready yet to have the show there as new Rec Centre still in progress of being built.. then show was meant to be at the York Race Course but Grand Stand not safe after storm damage.. so horse events moved to PC grounds which is fair enough as suitable facilities there. :)
    No, PC still is running. :)
    It's great the Horse Events are still going strong but as for the rest of the York Show, hmmm LOL!

But the rest of the show has been moved to Peace Park (behind Imperial Inn) & the Town Hall.
    Good luck to them having the sideshow alley etc in that area! ';'

7. So are the horsey classes being held at the old PC grounds on Drinsdale St (I think, the grounds you can see from Ulster Rd) or at the Racecourse?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011
  8. Remaani

Remaani Guest

At PC grounds Merrylegs, yep same place always has been. **)
    Ahh good remember the old PC days - Goldee LOL, everytime someone mentions York PC - i think of Goldee LOL!! :p

9. WheatbeltNic

WheatbeltNic Active Member

I don't mind having the show split over several locations. We are only going for the horse events so I have a great excuse not to buy endless show bags and the dreaded trip through the side show. My purse is going to love this!