York Ag Show.

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Remaani, Sep 7, 2008.

1. doofus

doofus Well-known Member

Congratulations OH, can't wait to see the piccys!!! Your boy is just stunning!!:D :D

2. Beauvelour

Beauvelour Well-known Member

Here you go Nic and anyone else who went to the York ag show

Sorry dont think i was alowed to put that up

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  3. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

My son did the leadline on his shetland and the pony was a total s%^$ and I would of gladly shot him that day. He was very toey in the first 2 classes and came 2nd in each then at the start of the work out for the 3rd class I let Kylie's mare go in front this time so I would make our pony keep back but, NO the pony didn't like that idea and launched himself into a little rodeo act. Poor Josh sat for the first few then baled out but he got hit in the shin by a stirrup iron as he did so we ended up with afew tears. The pony just had too much energy I think as I've had to have him yarded for about a month due to him getting too close to foundering. Next time I'll lunge the little so and so for half hour before the classes I think!! Sprite (ky's mare) didn't put a hoof wrong all day, she's such a gem. :)
    There were some totally STUNNING hacks there. Well done on everyone's results that day :)

4. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

Hi Ali teach me for assuming most young riders are girls...... sorry mate, your poor boy :( I think I saw it as your pony launched himself, gave your little rider quite a fright........ is he ok?

5. Sorrel

Sorrel Well-known Member

Wahoo! - Go Nic and Duds :)) Huge congrats

6. Gerbra

Gerbra Well-known Member

oh yep cool,

ill have a squizz when i see you next;)

7. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

maybe FB will have some ;) ;)

8. Remaani

Remaani Guest

My pony Sprite & her rider.
    Not bad for a pony pulled from the paddock & clipped, lol.

[​IMG]

9. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

Thats ok Oldhack, yeah he was abit upset at the time but he got over it. I was totally disgusted with the pony, we've had him for 6 years and thats the worse he's ever been!! Josh isn't a very confident rider anyway (hence still being on leadline) and so didn't want to get back on despite all the encouragement from the judge. Oh well, there's always next time. :)

10. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

Hey Ky, wanna swap ponies???. Mickey has been being lunged each day now for quarter of an hour, only hope it just doesn't end up making him too fit!! LOL :) Bloody ponies!

11. Remaani

Remaani Guest

He was a very naughty pony wasnt he... & since i've known Mickey, thats the worst i've seen him.
    Bloody shitlands. :D

Sprite's rider got 4 1st ribbons but i gave 1 to Ali's son as an encouragement, poor little guy.

Oh i got Zam's pics, thanks Ali. **)

12. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

Glad you got the photos. Josh is pretty good with the camera eh? I think in afew years he'll give Rob and Andhi a run for their money. LOL :)

13. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Yer, awesome shots hey, cheers. :)*
    Lol yep!!

14. Topklass

Topklass Well-known Member

Help!!!!!!!

OKAY, ALLL YOU STOCKIES, OLD HACK IN PARTICULAR........
    If you attended York Ag and competed in the Official Ponies and Hacks, Leadline or Harness, they need your help urgently.
    Apparently the dipstick taking the entries didn't bother to get the names of any of the horses entered and all they have is rider's names and numbers so if you competed or know someone who did PLEASE ask them to call Tanya Ollson on either 0896411398 or 0419913695 after 7pm, as she needs horse's names within the next week to submit to RAS, EFA & SHC for points to count. They also forgot to get disclaimers signed. Sometimes!!! Poor Tanya, it's damn hard to fly like an eagle when you are flapping with darn ducks!
    Kylie, if you are around can you put on other threads too please.

15. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

Thanks babe - getting on the phone tonight after 7 **) Does anyone kno whow to get hold of Ingrid Christmas? She was there also

16. Topklass

Topklass Well-known Member

Know Ingrid and Phil were there but not mane of gelding. Any Idea? Also need the name of Barnam-Browns big black horse that was reserve hack. God, what a mess. Poor Tanya.At least we will know the galloways.LOL. But the ponies??????????????? Harness??????????????? Leadline???????????
    Thanks Old Hack, you're a legend.:)* Congrats, by the way.You did very well.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  17. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

she told me on Saturday and his name has completely slipped my mind - its one of her Serenade's..... his stable name is Jimbo......

18. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Vagabond to a King...is Ingrids black galloway gelding (if that's the one that was there)**)

pssst Topklass...did you see my avatar pik:)

19. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Leadline Ponies were Maken Bart (Ali's boy) & my mare whom is just called Sprite.
    Only names i know sorry Di.

20. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

thats him **)