York Ag Show.

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Remaani, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Remaani

Remaani Guest

How did you go Oldhack?

Me & Ali took the ponies for the Leadline events, shame we were the only entrants.

Sprite & her rider got 4 firsts, she was a bit of an impatient pony though & the nipping started, but am still happy with her.
    The judge was great towards the 2 kids, very encouraging. :)

Any other stockies there riding?

2. simbin

simbin Gold Member

I was wondering how everyone went. I was going to compete in ridden but forgot it was Fathers Day weekend :(.

3. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

I believe Oldhack did RATHER well**)

4. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Was expecting she would lol.

5. Sherri69

Sherri69 Well-known Member

Yes Oldhack did excellent work, congrats **)

6. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

yes go nic and duds very well done

7. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

Duds was a little ratbag.....he was humpy when I first started riding him..... I am sure he thought the utes backed up in front of the ring were opening their trays to gobble up all the horses.... :D :D All in all could be payback for waking him up at 3am..... *#) :D

It took him 3 classes to settle down and work but never got the normal Dudley out of him....... :(

Had a good giggle when Sharla asked me if he was a new one I was bringing out......well the way he behaved Im not suprised......LOL

The quality of some of the horses there was beautiful........ and the friendliness was so lovely...... Really really nice people!

Won my rider - shock horror!!!

Dud's went champion galloway and was beaten by a stunning bay hack for Supreme...... I cant remember his name but he is going to make an amazing hack........ his owners were the loveliest people!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2008
  8. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

I saw one little girl's pony rear on leadline and she seemed quite upset :(

What colour was Sprite Ky??? Didnt even realise you were over there!

For soem reason I thought you were skipping York and doing Avon????? *#)

9. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Congratulations Old Hack thats great to hear.

10. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Well done on your results, i saw a lovely extended trot & thought WOW! :)*
    Wanted to come & say hi but you were busy. :)

We had the chestnut (well funny coloured clipped chestnut) pony.
    Did Avon Valley as well, thank god for local shows.

11. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

Been having a few shoe dramas so havent been able to pull out a great extensions in fear of ripping off a shoe for the 3rd time this week :( Couldnt pull one off in the ring at all...... Dudley too googly eyed at the utes..... PMSL!!!

Your pony went well!!! Congrats!!!

12. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

Forgot to say - a big thankyou to T Wheeler....... Sponsor for champion galloway **) **)

You know what I love about Ag shows...... entry fees end up being free.... love prize money! Good incentive along with the lovely people! **)

13. Gerbra

Gerbra Well-known Member

Congrats Nic, **) :))

any piccies???

14. simbin

simbin Gold Member

I was googly eyed at the utes last year lol. Did the harness horses stay off the arena till the hacking had finished this year. Last year I went to watch Tarz and the unofficial hadnt finished and on come the harness horses and ponies lol.

15. Tyne

Tyne Well-known Member

Well done Nic and Duds!!! Good Job!

16. Beauvelour

Beauvelour Well-known Member

congrats Nic!!!! Any piccies?

17. Topklass

Topklass Well-known Member

It was great to see the numbers at York. Apparently if poor numbers they were going to can the horses. Can't now. YAY Massive harness entries too.
    The hack was Roman Estate and he's a stunner!!!**)
    We had a good day with our mobile ugg boot Waterford Showscene (aka Buzz). Blasted pony won't drop his coat this year.Grrrr.
    Ended up with Champion Show Hunter Hack. Geez he was stuffed after his workout. Poor boy had Avon Valley next day too.

18. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

thanks mate

no pics :( have ordered some yesterday **)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2008
  19. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

the harness didnt start til way after.... thank god! :D

i recall Sharla while being judged on the ring avoiding pedestrians as the judge called them :D

20. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

buzz is a lovely boy! **) **) he made me laugh when he was doing an in hand gallop....... sounded like a steam train coming! bet he slept real well last night! :D

yes Roman Estate - that was him..... what lovely people his owners were..... what a stunning creature! can see him going far! **)