York Ag show

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Dharma, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

please do!!! i will def share my champas with you babe **)

2. Remaani

Remaani Guest

In my home town dear... your MORE than welcome! :))

Im taking the kids new pony (very hairy though) for the Unofficial leadline.

See you there. **)

3. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

wohooo blurry photos taken by a champa induced photographer!

4. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

awwww thanks mate

can you give me very very exact directions please xx

5. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Ok, from the Lakes Road House.
    Turn right after BP/Lakes Roadhouse towards York.
    As you get into York & come down a slight hill, theres a Information Bay on your left.... just down the road on your left is Forrest St. Turn left there & your very 1st right is the entrance to the Showgrounds.
    Parking is on the oval.

Very easy to find. :)

6. nimetyau

nimetyau Well-known Member

I was pretty sure HOTY is on this same weekend. Correct me if I'm wrong. But we are still coming anyway.**)

7. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Yeah it is was looking at the wrong thing lol

8. taylor

taylor Well-known Member

York Ag Show is the first time/place I've ever been in an ambulance! :)

It used to be a good show, then it started clashing with EFA HOY - and the numbers just dropped right off. Was better when the parking was out in the carpark not on the oval as well.

9. Remaani

Remaani Guest

I disagree with you there :p... riding from the floats to the ring was too dangerous, idiots running about with capguns, people unaware that being in a horses path isnt smart etc.
    I've been to the show every year & ok not ridden every yr but i remember seeing the dramas unfold when the parking was out near the machinery/car/sheep section & plus, now theres very little room to park out there where they use to.
    Plus on the oval, if a horse gets loose, the track gate can be closed, whereas where floats use to park, theres alot of people wandering about.

10. taylor

taylor Well-known Member

Ok, well if they've moved things around so there's less room then it's betteyr to have the parking on the oval LOL. The first year they changed it it was pretty bad though, all this room outside, no room to park on the oval, no room to warm up on the oval! I haven't been back there since to be honest - they made the rings too small and it just wasn't as fun as previous years.

11. Pinto Lover

Pinto Lover Well-known Member

This sounds like a good show, ummmmmmmm thinking now ;) then the avon valley the next day.

12. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

The rings were pretty good/big, didn't mind parking on the oval, lots of warm up space (parking would be bad if there was lots of people/warm up would be smaller too) oh and my horse did get loose lol, accidently let go of him and he enjoyed his freedom and trotted for the gate, which no one shut just stood looking but lucikly he just stopped at the gate way anyway and ate the grass :p

13. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

My fat little shetland thinks I just take him there so he can eat the grass and leave smelly piles of 'presents' for the next footy game played on there!!!

14. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Was telling you what I saw. If you are going to come all that way wouldnt you rather have some competition I know I would lol. years ago the ag shows were huge but now there is so much else on.

I'll be there doing unofficial I hope if my lift comes through. I'm not planning on Roly bing a show horse by any means, he deosnt fit the category, extremely stunning and well put together but I bought him to event. Was just going to take him to see how he reacts around other horses. He only just finished racing lol.

15. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

I'm sure the competition will be just fine, and in the official ring who ever is there is always of a wonderful quality to compete against ;) Its the only hack show other than HOTY and an ag show up past Geraldton on that weekend, so I reckon everyone may get a nice suprise with numbers

It sounds like a nice show to lead up to the Royal and weather prevailing a lovely day in the country!

Plus a good catch up with some Stockies out that way @)

16. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Geraldton has quite high numbers. It must be Northampton. Lived up that way for a number of years.

17. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Thats Carnamar Ag Show thats on......

Ok, any mums here that do leadline?
    Im taking my pony, i was going to clip her but not worth it for 1 show..... her shoulders are clipped out (to get her brand), will that matter?
    Im not plaiting her but she'll be washed, clean & tidy as well as a hairy pony can be.

18. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

MAY b bringing Chloe for unoff...

Depends if i start riding her...lol

where can i get a program???

19. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

Kylie I am sure she will look fine - you always turn out well **) **)

Nah Simbin it is in Nanson - Its called Chapman Valley Ag - I tossed up between York and Chapman Valley and decided Nanson being slightly North East of Gero was a bit too far

20. Pinto Lover

Pinto Lover Well-known Member

Britney & I would love to come, but where can we both stay with 2 wittle ponies (Lilly & Lacey)? We would be keen to do the York Ag & then go to Avon Valley the next day, how far are they both from each other? Lilly needs an extra show before the Royal **) which is just round the corner *#)