York Ag show

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Dharma, Aug 19, 2008.

1. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Sorry to hijack this thread lol. :p

Just noticed you have Alexander Park Darude. I am breeding an Alexander park Trakehener which is due in October. What are you planning to do with her. I know she is by Elkhorn Giselle who is a lovely mare out of Cornelius. Her last foal was a black filly too by Aparee.

2. nimetyau

nimetyau Well-known Member

I bought her to ride myself but too old, too fat and too lazy.*#) Because I didn't have the time I put her in foal last year and she gave me a lovely black colt by Fresian Stallion Reitze. (Not actually sure what I'm going to do with him yet!!) My daughter has started riding her now and we have been to one show and hopefully showjumping this weekend. Just want to take her riding slowly so she doesn't develop any bad habits. Eventually I would like my daughter to event on her. (Hopefully she will start next year her first competition)

3. Dharma

Dharma New Member

Thanks everyone, I will ring Leonie and see if I can get a program. I'm need an ag point for a newcomer, so I am hoping this will be a reasonably low stress experience for him. Hope to see some of you there.

4. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

York is always fairly low key. The sideshow rides are tucked away behind the rec centre out of sight of the horses. The carriage driving starts at 1pm so some of the later hack classes have to deal with them.
    For the offical ring (and the others) it starts at 9am and entry fee is $30 per horse. They have your rider age classes,novice hack/galloway, galloway height,hack height, then LW,Med weight,HW, ladies galloway,ladies hack and gents hack then show hunter. The unofficial hack programme runs pretty much the same.

5. tammy07

tammy07 Well-known Member

i am getting my horse clipped again this week so i can enter the official ring dont think the judge will like a horse with stars on his bum in the official haha but i will def be at this on and ill be goin to northam as well

6. mad -horse

mad -horse Active Member

Has anyone got a program

7. tammy07

tammy07 Well-known Member

i got my program from horseland i think i got the last one ther tho lol :)

8. BellaSkip

BellaSkip Well-known Member

im coming to watch, and plus im totally in love with york after doing a delivery there on wednesday.

9. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

Will be coming to this one - nice early ag point **)

Spoke to Leonie and she is sending me a programme **) **)

10. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Thats great Oldhack I had just talked some locals who are very inexperienced hackies to go to york as it is usually very small and great to go along to to get some confidence.

11. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

i like quite shows, means i dont age by 5 years out of stress :D

12. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Yep I'm sure no competition.

13. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

what you mean???? no competition?????

14. simbin

simbin Gold Member

There was like3 horses in each class last year and most of them inexperienced or returning riders lol.

15. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

in the official ring too????

16. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Last year there was about 7 hacks in the unofficial and very nice horses, its small competition but strong. There will be more this year no doubt as its not in the middle of EI and HOTY isn't the same weekend.

There was only a small amount official as well only 1 pony for example but thats before of HOTY and they were not inexperienced.

17. simbin

simbin Gold Member

I was there Tara and I spoke to most of the riders. I dont remember 7 official horses and most of them were getting out after a long break or just for the fun of it.

18. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

I know? I wasn't talking about official (you came after the official anyway I was pretty sure)...

I know at least 2 of the hacks/galloways were experienced and shown often but not taken to HOTY and 2 of which were new hacks and very nice

either way you'll do well Nic, it is duds were talking about :p

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2008
  19. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

Am i not welcome Simbim :( Will share my champa's.... :D

20. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

I am thinking of taking a drive into the country and come photograph.