york ag show results and pic

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by carla, Sep 5, 2009.

1. carla

carla Well-known Member

we went up early to take the kids around the show. had a great time won lots of stuffed toys.
    harness was a bit late but it was worth it. our results
    1st concours d'elegance
    2nd ladies harness pony
    2nd pleasure pony
    3rd jogger turnout.
    3rd height class.
    im so happy with my little pony as the classes were big and she is so new to it all. the best thing is she didnt park up at all. she still could have been a bit more forward but we are getting there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Lexie

Lexie Well-known Member

YAY well done,
    Shes gorgeous!

3. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Woohoo !! Well done Lou. Awesome results **)
    Bring on the Royal :)

4. Luminous Girl

Luminous Girl Well-known Member

I went but not for the horse's this time. LOL :p

I went up for the ute's hehe
    But did have a quick gander at the ponies hahaha

Well done to all the rider's and shower's out there!

5. carla

carla Well-known Member

lets not get to excited. but thanks it was a great day.

6. odway

odway Guest

Congratulations! Look at that mane and tail, lovely! Good luck for the royals :)

7. Kiwigirl

Kiwigirl Well-known Member

:)*yahoo!!! Well done

8. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

well done L. Sounds like you are having fun with her.:D

9. oakover

oakover Well-known Member

Didn't realise that was you there. I'm the one with the Palomino pony stallion. It was his first show in harness and he was full on but still in control. Had a great time but was very freezing cold. Judge said awesome things about my pony so am very proud of him. Results were.

2nd Concours D' Elegance
    2nd Jogger Turnout
    2nd Height class
    1st Handy Pony

No pics from us as we never have anyone there that takes pics of us, lol.

10. Placido

Placido Well-known Member

Oakover your pony was stunning :)
    We saw you going around the track and we were like wow that is just adorable!
    Well done!!

11. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

loved this show- will def come again! (if not at hoty next year ;) )

we won our height and weight, but were beaten by the chistmas's with their two beautifully working galloways! well done guys!

does anyone know who the official hack judge was?

12. oakover

Thanks for the compliment. I'm just glad we didn't have any major occurences, I was so scared we were going to run into something as it was his first harness show and he'd only seen another bigger pony in harness once before.

I loved watching the hacking and wished I were still riding, they looked absolutely lovely.

13. Excelsior Centerpiece

oakover- i was with placido- and your little one stepping it out was all we could watch! well done- he was beautifully presented!!!!
    we had a spare bay in the float and i was going to pinch him when you werent looking!

14. QHfan

QHfan Well-known Member

Well done Lou, thats 1 fantastic little shetland you got there:) one for the whole family...not bad considering what she was like when you got her....Well done Oakover too- cant wait to see you both next weekend:):):)

15. carla

carla Well-known Member

thanks leanne. oakover your stallion was fantastic. he has it there just needs to get his mind on the job. he will be hard to beat then. i broke her into harness in jan this year and we are having so much fun. i would love to have some of your energy though.

16. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Glad everyone enjoyed the show, did they have much of a turn out for the Official Hacking ?

17. Excelsior Centerpiece

about 7 galloways and about 8 hacks...roughly.
    all pretty good quality too!
    weather kinda held off- it didnt pelt down like it wanted too so that was good-a few light showers that didnt last long- was just very cold!

18. Excelsior Centerpiece

does anyone know who the official hack judge was? it wasnt written on the program...

19. oakover

Your little girl went beautifully, so lovely and calm I wish Casey had some of it . I finished breaking him to harness in May I think, he works great at home and I take him all around the roads but in company he thinks with his boy parts unfortunately.
    Don't know who the official judge was, sorry.

20. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Official Hack Judge should have been Margaret Thaiwtes (check spelling)!