Yimar Rugs.. any comments??

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by bscards, May 24, 2010.

1. bscards

bscards New Member

Looking at buying Yimar rugs, wondering if anyone can comment on their quality as ive never heard of them before but they look quite good in the pictures. Thanks.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  2. Prestige

Prestige Active Member

I've have a few and found them great.

Only bad thing I have found that the neck part of the combos for the bigger horses (6'6 size) is way too short.

3. Zegger

Zegger Well-known Member

Same. Overall it was a tight fit and it rubbed (due to the tight fitting) and mine was a 6'3. So i would suggest going one size up.

4. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

I am happy as a pig in poo with mine!!

5. Double Helix

Double Helix Well-known Member

Agree, they are on the smaller side of sizing and the neck part of the combo is quite short (I have a 6' 6"). Overall they aren't bad quality but just be careful if you are buying it on auction site that you get it for a good price because the postage seemed very expensive to me.

6. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Mine was $107 posted, I didn't bother bidding I just paid for it and very happy with the price.

7. WildandFree

WildandFree Well-known Member

go for the other brand axiom or horsiemate better rugs and price

WnF

8. bscards

bscards New Member

thanks for your replys, I have a saxon weatherproof winter rug on my mare now thats a 6 foot and i have the same problem, the neck rug is just that bit too short, otherwise its a nice rug. WildandFree I have been looking at the axiom & horsiemate rugs aswell, they also look pretty good..... =:)

9. Coda Cowgirl

Coda Cowgirl Well-known Member

with the sale about to start at saddleworld have a look! they are about the same price!

10. Astcat

Astcat New Member

I have a few and am very happy with them :)

11. jodie

jodie Well-known Member

I love them, bought a couple this year (have bought them previously)and can't say I find them a small fit.Yes the neck on the combo is a bit short but I am yet to find a brand that isn't. I love the huge tail flaps!!! and they have made improvements to the neck buckles as now they are buckles instead of velcro :)

12. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

I have one that came with my filly its a 3'3 :D it is a great rug, altho the belly straps have been cut off... I would definitely get more of them **)

13. BundyGal

BundyGal Active Member

i have Yimar, axiom and horsemate rugs

Yimar i stoppped using. Was rubbing the mane(combo) and is tight/very heavy and found the polar fleece inner lining sags a fair bit. also neck rugs was waaayy too small and i bought a 6'6

I have loads of axiom/horsemate rugs and combos and they are awesome!!!

Axiom rugs are my preferred rug now- failry cheap and decent.

14. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

IMO Axiom are a far better buy than the Yimar. :)

15. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

I agree! I have a couple of sets now from Saddleworld, the Eurohunter True Blues in a rug and neck rug. Even without the sale they weren't expensive and I am very happy with the fit of them... plus no rubbed manes! If its a cold but dry day I just whip the neck rugs off. If its raining, I put the neck rug on. Oh, and I got the neck rugs with no fill, I need manes!

I haven't brought a Yimar, did buy an Axiom once and don't even know what I have done with it :S I didn't tend to use it much but think it was pretty reasonable value for money.

16. titwillow

titwillow New Member

Yimar rugs, axiom rugs

I've found Axiom paddock combos are unbeatable in terms of fit & not slipping or rubbing. Did not like the Yimar I bought for my mare - it pulled around shoulders a lot and just didnt' fit as well, I don't think it was as good quality as Axiom, though from other comments some people really like them... I can buy a 1200d 300gm axiom rug from ridelo on ebay for $95 delivered, I don't think you can beat that!

17. wawa85

wawa85 Guest

I bought a Yimar 1680D synthetic combo in 5'9 for my girl a few months back. I like the rug except for the neck being way too long. I bought off the auction site and the rug was bought at $75 and was advertised as having free postage. After paying I got a not so polite email from Yimar telling me that I owed him $25 for postage which I paid without thinking about it. Won't buy from them again.

18. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

I bought a Yimar stable rug last week. Got it this week.

It has yet to go on my horse but it's a lovely rug with three belly straps to hold a very large belly wrap. Bigger then my minicraft one.

Have used axiom and hated it!

19. erilyn

erilyn Well-known Member

I bought a Yimar with a polar fleece lining for a yearling arabian - the shoulders were way too big and because of the way it was sewn together could not be adjusted. The quality was good though.

Bought the same sized Axiom for less and was able to have it adjusted easily.

Most of mine are now Axioms and are three and four seasons old, still waterproof, and are still being worn as hand-me-downs as the next generation grows into them. Can't be beaten for cost versus quality. **)

20. Melle79

Melle79 Well-known Member

I have a 6'3 YIMAR 280G Stable Doona.
    fits my girl really well, nothing bad to say about them here!