yet another Copra thread

Discussion in 'Feeding Horses' started by Daxter, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Daxter

Daxter Active Member

@)Ok, we have used Copra for the last 10 months and it has been great. As most people will be aware Copra has not been available for a few weeks and from what we hear it will not be coming back for a while and will probably be something very different, maybe in pellet form?
    is there an altrnative that is as good value in peoples opinion. Copra was great as adding water ment a small amount went a very long way.
    we have returned to flaked barley for now as a short term replacement.
    Any ideas anyone?:confused:

2. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

i was told about a month ago they coudlnt get it untill it was re-released but no one on here had heard anything about it lol

3. Caroline

Caroline Well-known Member

Daxter, copra has been available in pellet form for quite a while now. In the USA Coolstance only sell the pellets and they are typically fed dry!:)*

Ricebran, which has also been changed to a pellet form now, is probably a good replacement for copra. Slightly higher starch levels, but ricebran still contains good protein and oil levels.**)

If you feed more than 1kg of ricebran daily, you should probably feed some extra lucerne or limestone as the Ca:p ratio is not the best.:D:))

4. dressagedivaII

dressagedivaII Well-known Member

from what i have heard, The makers (company) of Copra are moving and so they closed down there company until they move, and so there is a delay of copra (this is just what i have been told though).
    I have been wanting to buy some, anyone know when they will be selling it again??

5. Rainmaker

Rainmaker Well-known Member

I emailed stance global and was informed that this is just temporary and that they are expecting a shipment of it soon. Although they could not tell me exactly how long we will have to wait. So hopefully this is correct.

Perhaps if they receive more emails showing interest in the product they might provide more information. :)

6. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

at least im not the only one anymore lol

i guess everyone who is still buyingh it, buys it from places where they have big stockes in store already.. i hope it's back soon, im gonna want to be buying it soon for my jaykey boy

7. beau

beau Well-known Member

Luckily we can still get it:) but for how long who knows.

8. painter

painter Well-known Member

I was told today that it would be quite a while before it is available anywhere inWA. Even when it was available, supply was unreliable. Same as full fat soy. I have changed over to locally made feed that is readily available (oaten chaff, lucerne chaff, flaked lupins and barley) so that I don't have to keep re-introducing different feeds just because something is not available.

9. steph_f

steph_f Well-known Member

were do you get it from beau???

10. Rainmaker

Rainmaker Well-known Member

Yay update! Apparently there will be stocks in WA stores early May.

Coolstance wil also be launching 3 new products this coming month :)*

11. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Hehehe i got 5 bags in the shed!

Not feeding it to anyone ATM so i'm treating it like gold!