Yet another clipping thread

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by Heifer, May 4, 2008.

1. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

Buckley needs clipping, he is far too hot and sweaty, even just standing in the sun on a day like today and he starts sweating.

Im not doing any hacking for ages so was going to do a hunter clip on him HOWEVER, i would like to take him to the Royal this year and would probably clip again leading up to it (early September?).

Would this work OK? Would he be left with different coloured legs/head from them only being clipped once? Is it OK to clip that late? Any advice more then welcome.

Oh and he is a bay :)

2. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Interesting question. Am hanging out for the answer as well. Hon has just been clipped in the Hunter - and afterwards have decided to aim towards the Royal, so a second clip may be nec. She's chestnut, so I think that'll have more of a colour change on the legs to body than a bay?

sorry no help :)

3. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

dunno - this is B after his clip last year (although was done a month earlier then this year):
    [​IMG]

4. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

change of plan. have spoken to instructor who suggested just wait until i know for sure whether or not ill be in Perth before i clip - she said if he has to travel somewhere he will do much better with his natural coat.