Yes they still pull the whips on them

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Firedance, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Firedance

Firedance Well-known Member

2. Freestyle

Freestyle Well-known Member

To have a race where, generally, more horses dont finish than do seems crazy to me! #(

Hats off to those brave horses though and at least there were no deaths this year.

3. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

dont think i ever watched one of these races before... is it normal for horses and/or riders to fall at nearly every jump? Carnage!

4. Secret85

Secret85 Well-known Member

I'm suprised Connor Castle leads for that long - he seems to zig zag over every jump! The 4th last (i think) horse over the water jump, jumps huge!!!
    Interesting to see that some of the riderless horses continue over the jumps, even around the corners where most (riderless horses) peeled off...
    I also found it interesting that the horses pulled up to a walk immediately - although, they were going for 9 and a half minutes..
    Can you tell it's the first time I have watched the Grand National?? lol

5. sunline

sunline Well-known Member

utter insanity.
    again, how can you even remotely care for your horses wellbeing, if you subject it to that.

6. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Absolute insanity. I can't understand how a country that has an animal welfare system in place, can continue to run a race of that length and with so many fences #(
    Anyone else notice that some of the riderless horses had much better form over the fences than many of those with a jockey still on board ? Makes you wonder how much the jockeys are interferring with the horses natural ability and balance.
    Had a giggle at the horse that refused to leave the starting area. And people say horses are stupid ;)

7. beagle

beagle Well-known Member

I'm with ZaZa & Sunline......what a sickening "sport".
    Cannot agree with it AT ALL.
    Way too long,way too many falls,way too much for those supremely athletic horses. I've never watched a full steeple chase before & I'll never watch one again.
    Disgusting.#(#(#:)mad:

8. Firedance

Firedance Well-known Member

3 horses were killed - 5 in total over a few days

9. Eoroe

Eoroe Gold Member

Thats is simply F****** atrocious #( :mad:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  10. beagle

beagle Well-known Member

you said it Eoroe.