Yay, We Have Hay

Discussion in 'Feeding Horses' started by Belinda, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Belinda

Belinda Well-known Member

Always a good feeling to get our annual hay hunt and collection out of the way, and we managed it all on Saturday morning. 120 bales of meadow, only took two trips with the large trailer, plus we got morning tea. Thank god for my Dad! And my friend who was going halves in the hay with me was so grateful that Dad and I did a lot of the lifting (cos her hubby did his back in at 8am that morning!!) that Dad got beer and I got a home made lemon tart. Yummo. Plus, we have also cut the big paddock at our agistment, so we should get 20 bales or so each out of that, so we're laughing this year!!:D

2. Jazzy

Jazzy New Member

Yay! Such a relief to get hay sorted out.
    I just picked up 60 bales on Saturday. Now I'm all set for the summer :)*

3. sil

sil Gold Member

We're so boring... just buy a pallet or 2 each week.

4. Belinda

lol Sil, that just takes ALL the fun out of it!! For us its a yearly event to dread, but I actually quite enjoyed myself this year!

5. RustyRidge Clydesdales

RustyRidge Clydesdales Well-known Member

We have nearlly finished picking up and delivering over 4000 of oaten hay! Will be done in the next few days so glad when its over.

6. Belinda

Far out, and to think my arms are killing me after only 120!!

7. sleeknstylish

sleeknstylish Well-known Member

LOL, RRC;)

I feel so sorry for you guys.
    We only have to do the unloading/stacking part- BUT even that is "the worst job ever!"

How many more do I have unload?..........

8. RustyRidge Clydesdales

RustyRidge Clydesdales Well-known Member

LOL SnS at least it is only small loads now and not 700 at a time!

9. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

I just got 40 odd lovely bales of hay deliverd thanks to a dear friend and im very happy cos that will last quite awhile over summer with my two :)

bugger 4000 bales LOL I helped collect and stack 80acres of hay once, never again LOL we ended up doing it at night when it was cooler but then the spiders came out hahahahahaha... fantastic doing the spider dance in the dark, on the back of a ute :D

10. Belinda

Which reminds me, I was sitting on the toilet yesterday, felt a tickling on my upper bottom, and there was a daddy long legs hanging there waving his legs at me. Must get vacuum cleaner out........ I do try to be spider friendly but that really is pushing the friendship!

11. uno

uno Guest

just got conformation we have 30 large roll:))yay

12. Tintara

Tintara Well-known Member

Well, that would keep me going for at least ............. a MONTH :( !! (mutters well rehearsed admonishment to self 'must get rid of a few')

13. Remaani

Remaani Guest

LOL exactly the same here.... *sigh* :(

14. Belinda

lol, sorry guys! 120 bales does us for 2 horses and a pony for a year, at least!

15. InkibahD

InkibahD Well-known Member

meadow hay?????? im so gealous! its impossible to find