Yay I got a float

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by Bon & Ted, May 5, 2010.

1. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

Finally after a year of owning my elephant horse I can say I own a float that she fits in :)*

Was looking at new and second hand, and ended up finding a newish (not quite 4 years old) Taylor extended float :)*

It's solid, sturdy, in damn good condition (though at that age it'd want to be), and most importantly Jingles fits in it - not with room to spare, but comfortably.

It will do the job I need for a few years until I eventually upgrade to a brand newie. Didn't really want a wooden float, but I have a big workshop in our new place I can store it in and keep it out of the weather.

[​IMG]

Needs a couple of modifications - back leg removed, A Frame filled in etc. But there is nothing stopping me from using it straight away.

Oh and it tows beautifully!! and I saved a fair bit of $$$$ going second hand - may not be EVERYTHING I want, but it's mine :)

2. ellechim69

ellechim69 Guest

Well done looks great

3. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Woohoo congrats :D. Lovely float!

4. LNT

LNT Well-known Member

good for you! :)*

having your own certainly makes life easier , it looks like its in great condition :)

5. Narelle28

Narelle28 Active Member

Nice float looks in good condition:))

6. Floggadog

Floggadog Guest

Looks nice B&T.
    A friend of mine has the same model of float & the horses travel beautifully in it. Plus all that lovely extra room at the front.
    Congrats. :)

7. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

thanks guys :p im pretty happy with it :)*

Gonna take it for a real good test run tommorow! Floating baby horse down to Pinjarra then floating elephant horse down to her new agistment. so should definitely know if the horses go well in it :D

towed it 80kms from where I got it to back home, and damn it tows nice!! so light but sits solid on the road.

I'm thinking of putting my artistic hat on and burning a horsey emblem on the front and varnishing over the top...

8. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Now that's a really interesting idea.
    Would love to see photos of the finished product.

Congrats on the new purchase BTW :))

9. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

thanks zaza, btw where are the pics of your new purchase?

I'm designing something atm, I'm thinking a pretty big image on the door taking up most of the door space :p If that looks good then maybe something burnt into the tailgate also :)))

10. pso

pso Gold Member

congrats!:)*

11. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

oooh lovely float!!

cant wait to see the emblem your gonna do on it :)

12. ASH lover

ASH lover Well-known Member

Very nice B&T....good that you have a float that fits your massive horse! ;)

13. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

im happy to report that I had a big day of towing on Friday and its good as gold. Sienna travelled just lovely in it! Jingles fits in it, only just, but she's not crammed in so not complaining!

14. petamc

petamc Well-known Member

And why, pray tell did you not travel an extra 20ish kms and visit with us????
    LOL

Glad you have a float now Bon, nice to be mobile isn't it??

15. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

I know I know Peta, I was in such a rush on Friday, had to literally turn around race home and chuck Jingles on the float to take her down to hazelmere! :eek: As it was I didn't get there till 6.30!

I promise when I go visit Sienna next I will come down and see you! should be in a few weeks :)*

And yep, very nice to be mobile!