YAY! For my new dentist!!!! :)

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by bubblez, Dec 11, 2007.

1. bubblez

bubblez Well-known Member

Well Ive just got back after having my horses teeth done by the equine dentist Racheal Stone and she was fantastic, explained and showed everything to me (which is great coz I always want to learn more!!!) and my partner (who is just getting into horses through me, and it was his first 'trip to the dentist')
    And also gave me some great advice on helping put weight onto my gelding! Am so happy with her, and all in all it cost me less to have both my horses done, than one horse in Gero!!! =)
    Sorry my little rave now over hehehe =) Thanks to all the people who recommended her to me =)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2007
  2. Moondust

Moondust Well-known Member

Im getting Rachel out next week to do rustys teeth. Ive heard she is excellent! **)

3. wildsteel

wildsteel Well-known Member

Martin from Bullsbrooke is also excellent, i got to put half up arm in Bandits mouth lol

4. horsesarelife

horsesarelife Well-known Member

yep, after doing work experience with her (like ive said b4) i realised how kind and experienced she is. She helps every owner as MUCH as she can :]
    so glad you think she is great ! :]
    haha...i recommend her to most people!
    xx

5. Jemstar

Jemstar New Member

I had a vet give our new pony a health check, and was told his teeth would need doing soon(which they quoted me for), in the end I got Rachel out to do him and another horse, and she showed me that the pony didn't need doing at all, not for another year.
    I found her to be fantastic, and it taught me a little something about that vet!
    Would highly recommend her :)

6. horsesarelife

she also sumtimes lets you poke around in the horses mouth and have a feel...depending on the time and horse!
    great way to learn!

7. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

yep... she's brilliant! She came up to Northam to do both my boys when they first arrived from Queensland and then she did Honda again just a few months ago.

She is absolutely lovely, very kind to the horses and explains everything to the owners as well which is veyr much appreciated.

I'd recommend her to anyone too.

8. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

I know she is willing to travel a bit but I don't know how far south she would go.

I'd just give her a call and see if she would travel. Also see if anyone in the immediate area also wants to get their horses teeth done at the same time, the more horses that need doing will make the travel worht while. Also means that if she charges for travel then the cost can be split between more people.

9. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

I've used her too she's great, wouldn't use anyone else :)

10. Karijini

Karijini Well-known Member

I think we all agree on this one! Rachel is fantastic and I would recommend her services to anyone, she does a great job and is honest and reliable which is a bonus!

11. bubblez

bubblez Well-known Member

Yep
    i told her that she has a fan club on stockies and so many people recommended her to me and she blushed!!! She was stoked!!! =) And she let us feel all their teeth aznd my partner too which is really good coz hes just learning and all... =)

12. horsesarelife

if she gets a bulk number she will travel resonably far....
    but i would ring and ask. :]

13. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

How much does she charge? and would she travel to Baldivis area? Also how often do horses need their teeth done? I'm thinking about getting my boy's done.

14. Rem

Rem Well-known Member

Don't know how much Racheal charges but how often depends on the horse. Youngsters should really be done every 6 months and certainly just before being bitted for the first time, for older horses 12 months is usually sufficient unless you suspect that there may be a problem, in which case you would get them done regardless of when they were last done. :)

Would someone please PM me Rachael's ph number? I wasn't at all happy with the way my horses' teeth were done last time.