Yay about time

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by Zegger, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Zegger

Zegger Well-known Member

Im so glad i am starting to see angle floats angled to the right not the left. **)

2. horse girl Jess

horse girl Jess Well-known Member

Just curious as to what a difference it makes? I know the roads slope to the left, but is it so much that it's uncomfortable? I'm interested as I honestly don't know!

3. Zegger

Zegger Well-known Member

Well , i dont think it has much to do with comfort more with weight carrying.

As i know i would rather have more weight on the up side of the road.

This is what John Oleary said about angle floats. To me the first line is too general as most people that have angles are not like that.

Angle Floats were invented for the bad driving by Horse Owners which caused Horses to become wall climbers, to compensate for going too fast around corners and to assist incompetents' to load easier rather than into a straight load. Humans in this Country can't get their heads around loading to the right. Even then, the designers chose to put Horses pointing down the Hill and not uphill as in America. We copied the Yanks but forgot about the left hand driving. The weight ratio that bears down hill due to the camber of the road encourages Jack Knifing of Floats that hit the gravel through inattention.

4. horse girl Jess

horse girl Jess Well-known Member

Thanks for clearing that up :) sounds reasonable enough