www.showphotos.com.au

Discussion in 'Forum Management and Operation' started by Murray, Feb 20, 2008.

1. balletprincess

balletprincess Well-known Member

Thanks for that Andhi and Darume. I had the ISO as high as it would go, and played around with the arpenture but maybe I just need more practise. Though I found if I changed the White Balance to Tungsten the shots weren't as blurry, but washed the colour out a bit. Might look into getting a monopod and maybe an external flash. Thanks guys for all your help :)) Much appreciated.

2. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

I also had the shutter speed quite fast, that way the picture didn't have time to blur.
    A monopod is fantastic as it swivels so you can track the horse - I haven't got one YET lol.

I have a great external flash that I am still learning how to use its full of buttons and whizbang things, its scary.

Happy to help :) I am still learning lots and lots.

3. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

Compared to HN and other local camera shops it would seem that I can save heaps buying online.:)

cheers

4. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

For sure Murray! The one I got was from a recommended online store. I went to the guys house - as he has everything at home. It was pretty amazing! He did me some great deals too - I will be going back to get other lenses etc in the future :)

5. Shenalar

Shenalar Well-known Member

I have the 40D with the lens that you are looking at admin, and it really is fantastic. I also saved nearly $1000 from what they are asking in the shops by buying on ebay (both body and lens - but from different places), and have had no problems at all. Everything was bran spanking new - just a lot cheaper.

Darume...... how do you open the aperture? I have the ISO set high when indoors, but can't work out how to speed the shutter up, or open the aperture lol ........ yes, I am new to all this.

On another note admin, I am still having problems uploading my photo's. It worked fine when I tried and uploaded some smaller file sizes, but my photo's are over 5 meg, and those ones always seem to jam, and just show me a blank screen. I did ask Diablo what she did, and she hasn't answered. I'm at a loss, or should I just reduce all my photo's? Can the system not cope with pics that size?

Sorry to be a pain once again.

6. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

On the 40D in order to open up the aperture and adjust the shutter speed, you have to make sure that the camera is set on Manual, the small dial on the very front will change shutter, and the large dial on the back changes aperature.

7. Shenalar

Thanks Andhi, makes perfect sense setting it to manual duhh..... no wonder I couldn't find a setting for it in the menu :D

thankyou so much for helping :)

8. Murray

Hi Shenalar,

Yes, I would reduce the size of your photo files and give it another go. The system is set to handle file sizes up to 8M but this would also require a fast connection due to time_out parameters. On the 40D I think you can set the file size as required. From my own experience you wouldn't need a file size >2M to print out an A4 size photo suitable for framing.

cheers

9. Reigate

Reigate Well-known Member

10. Shenalar

Thanks admin, in the mean time, could you please unjam it again :(

11. Murray

Thanks Ariella!**)

Shenalar, I have cleared your jammed photos and uploaded them for you. Nice photos!**)

cheers

12. Shenalar

Thanks Admin :)

13. Reigate

Reigate Well-known Member

Well I cant load any more pics up til after Tuesday when our internet speed goes back to normal.......... Big oops..........gone wayyyyyyyyyyyy over our limit for the month......... DOH!

14. Murray

Business cards for photographers. They will have rounded corners with a glossy surface.

[​IMG]

cheers...admin

15. balletprincess

balletprincess Well-known Member

Nice and simple **) How do we get our hands on some?

16. Murray

As soon as I have them printed I will post them out. Just waiting for the brother to return from NZ.

cheers...admin

17. Shakhaan

Shakhaan Well-known Member

Just fantastic Murray :)*

18. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

Bump.
    New pics online.

19. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

Photos look great..Can i just suggest one thing..With the Gosnells show one..Can the name be changed to Autumm Breed Bonanza?Due to it not being run by the Gosnells club but the welsh.

20. Murray

temporarily suspended

www.showphotos.com.au has been temporarily suspended as it is being moved to another server. The new server will give us better control on available server memory which will eliminate the problems being experienced uploading large photo files.

It should be up and running tomorrow morning.

cheers...admin