www.showphotos.com.au

Discussion in 'Forum Management and Operation' started by Murray, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

[imgleft]http://www.stockyard.net/header1_small_comp.jpg[/imgleft]
    OK, the wait is over. :)) I have done some fairly in depth quality assurance and the new website is ready. It will definitely compliment the Stockyard suite of applications and give our members something to consider.

Thank you to ALL who posted their show photos for me to use and volunteered their time and effort to test this new exciting system!!**)

check it out:
    showphotos.com.au | Horse Show and Event Photos

cheers...admin

2. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

YAY thanks Murray!

3. balletprincess

balletprincess Well-known Member

Awesome site!

Just wondering, how long does it take to get approved?

And I have a feeling that poor Muresk Superhorse Challenge is going to be packed .. hehe .. Don't worry, I'll cut down to only a "small" handful of photos (is about 200 ok?) :D

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  4. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

FANTASTIC Idea Admin :)
    Looks fab! Nice to see one of my pics in the header too (one of Princeton in red)
    Cant wait to add some more pics...
    I am photographer 'Picture Perfect Ponies'
    ;)

5. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

You mean I shouldn't have just gone with photographer "Beth Evans"... I could have been original??? I might have to have a bit of a think on that one now!!

6. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

he he - you can be Beth Evans - youre special! ;)

7. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

awww... fanks luv... tho it doesn't have the same ring to it as Picture Perfect Ponies does it... *grin*

8. wildsteel

wildsteel Well-known Member

so we can upload photos that we have taken of other peoples horses at shows and sell them to them? is that sort of the right idea??

great site :)

9. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

yep, that's the idea Wildsteel.

10. horsegirl

horsegirl Well-known Member

Oh how cool, what a great idea!!

How exciting the fat tart made the banner too!!!!! CCCOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL :)

11. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

oi... strawberry tart!! get it right!!!

12. chavi

chavi Well-known Member

Looks fantastic admin, I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl, I quite enjoy taking photos at shows for fun, have stacks of them.

Just curious, how does it work if I was to put photos of kids on there without their parent's permission? I realise professional photographers must have some sort of 'protection' as far as this goes, but what about amatuers? I know as a teacher the publication of children's faces in any media form (esp internet) is a major concern thats all.

13. Talkingshell

Talkingshell Well-known Member

Hello Admin@) ,

Is it possible to change my very plain ordinary name into something spiffy name or do I have to open a new one?

Shall wait to get your reply on this matter!

**thought to add something here....is it for Australian wide?

Thank you...:)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  14. GeeJay

GeeJay Guest

Hi Murray
    Just awesome site and I have had it linked to my new website for my Equine Art hope you don't mind.

Shell your spiffy anyway LOL

Janet@)

15. Talkingshell

Talkingshell Well-known Member

*hehehehe* I guess Stockies would be wanting to know what you GeeJay were talking about lol lol......not finished yet!

No worries.....:))

16. Crusader

Crusader Well-known Member

Fantastic idea Murry love it!

How does it work with ordering the prints? Are the individual photographers responsible for ordering them & getting them printed or are they all done to some sort of online print ordering place?

17. bee

bee Active Member

Great idea and fantastic site. Well done :)*

18. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Crusader... you actually buy the elctronic image not a printed image. So you can use it on the internet (email, websites etc) or print it off, it's entirely up to you.

Prices range from $5 to $20 depending on the size of the image that you want.

19. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

Oh well done and THANK YOU Admin:)* :)

It looks fantastic and I can't wait to see all the regular updates that'll be made throughout the season**) Have added to my 'Favourites' hehe

20. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Just a question, shouldn't the photographer get the image printed for the buyer within that price? $20 for a image and then add your $10-$20 printing cost on top it ends up a bit pricey, when a lot of the photographers are only charging $20 for a image printed in a4 and put in a photo folder (which cost a lot to buy in bulk) and then you add postage, just my opinion but I feel that $20 just to be sent the picture via email or whatever is a bit much. Unless you are printing it yourself at home then sure you might not care about the price...

Other then that, the website looks good and is set out well, and Hoolie is in the banner :p :)