"WOW" Saddles

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by Arfy, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Arfy

Arfy Active Member

Hello, sorry I was not sure where to put this topic :)

Have recently seen a WOW saddle that my instructor owns, and thought it look quite effective at allowing freedom at the shoulders and dispersing the riders weight etc. I am in the market for a dressage saddle I was wondering if anyone has owned a WOW saddle (dressage) and how they found the fit on their horse, and the modulations?

If anyone has any other dressage saddle that has been fantastic, I'd love to know the brand/make also.

Thanks, Amy x

2. himitsu

himitsu Well-known Member

i tried one on saturday lol

3. Arfy

Arfy Active Member

What did you think?

4. himitsu

I really liked the seat part where it allows for the inner thigh muscles - it was very easy to sit in and i didnt have to think about my leg position - very stable. Also liked the recessed stirrup bar.

The horse moved freely, he swung more in his back (or i could feel it more?), he was very happy to extend.

I felt i couldnt get him to collect very easily and he wasnt listening to my body much, i couldnt get him to sit and work - he was very strong. Perhaps this was due to the flair (im not sold on flair/cair etc... prefer flocked), or that it felt different for both of us. My instructor commented she felt the same so thats interesting - but she is still looking into it i think.

I think if i got one i would get a closer-contact seat, different flap (i tried a very large knee roll which i hate in any saddle) and see if i could get flocked or something other than flair.

5. Claireb

Claireb Well-known Member

Wow

I do like them but never tried one.

I ride in a semi treed Fhoniex saddle (enlightened equitation) which I love, its only treed down the gullet.

We have just started to import them from the UK along with another model and whats known as a SMART saddle which is made by Solutions.

We are looking at another treeless saddle to import too. If its successful I am happy to look at importing other speciality saddles too.

There isn't enough choice here in the alternative area to conventional trees

Cx

6. himitsu

Hi Claire
    V interested in having a ride in a few of your saddles...

7. Claireb

Claireb Well-known Member

Hello

Hi

We have 2 out of 3 so far, the other is on its way, once we have all 3 will give you a shout.

We will be doing saddle assessments as my new business partner is the expert in that area!!!

Cx

8. what the hell is a WOW saddle :\

9. Jadelise

Jadelise Well-known Member

I wonder if they could flock them? Im not into the cair either

10. sil

sil Gold Member

I think the main thing that made me go WOW was the price tag :)

11. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Yep. the price tag had be looking else where real fast, not worth it in a pink fit.

12. himitsu

worth it if i only ever need 1 saddle for the life of my youngster... nothing worse than the constant search for a saddle that is comfy for BOTH horse and rider. Like at the moment i have a vaguely comfy saddle for horse (not completely convinced but he isnt sore) but i HATE IT!!!!!

13. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

Horse and Hound Online Forum: Another spanner in the works... wow saddle problems fitting.... :eek: I think I'll be waiting a couple of years for them to iron out the kinks. The cost of the individual panels seem like you may as well buy a whole new saddle and lets face it even a simple restuff can stuff up a saddles way of sitting. So I'm a sceptic supported buy the amount of these things already for sale second hand - if they live up to their claims shouldn't you never have to sell it?

14. himitsu

they arent a new invention though i dont think? Been around a few years?