Wound Management....Paris Injured pics ( graphic)

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by KC Quarter Horses, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Cavalier

Cavalier Well-known Member

Oh God, you poor buggers and your poor horse to find something like that :(

At least you got treatment right away and she's in great hands so i'm sure she'll be fine...must've been very traumatic for all involved though.

Keep us updated on her recovery which will hopefully be as speedy as it can be.

2. hutchy

hutchy New Member

Thanks for the thanks Jen and Donna! It was a pleasure to help and I learnt lots at the same time.

You never quite know what to expect when you get asked if you have a strong stomach before you lift the rug to have a peek!

Thank god it's in an area that will heal quickly and you're so good at wound management Jen! LOL Alan was fantastic as usual

Paris was so extremely quite and handled it incredibly well even when he was stitching areas with no anaesthetic. I have to say, at the moment it does look a little like some of the patchwork I've done in the past! It's going to be really interesting watching how she/wound heal.

Hang in there Donna, this will get better and she will go on to have that jumping career with you.

Hutchy

ps Jen - I didn't sleep very well last night - worried about my girls hurting themselves!

3. odway

odway Guest

Very interesting, thanks for that I've always wondered how large wounds like that were managed. I hope it heals well for her! Definately keep us updated, maybe even some gruesome pictures for us iron-stomaches!

4. Shakhaan

Shakhaan Well-known Member

OMG :( That is one nasty wound, poor mare! Glad to hear it's fairly superficial and will heal well :))

5. Mayasmum

Mayasmum Well-known Member

Holy cow I'm with the large majority who would have freaked!! :eek:

Hope she heals well and makes a speedy recovery...

how do horses seem to injure themselves on nothing?? One of my old horses split his face open from top to bottom...just a huge skin flap hanging off it and we never did discover what he caught it on!!

6. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

Holy Crap!!

How wonderful that your vet came out and that you had a wonderful support system.
    My prayers will be with you guys and for Paris so that she heals quickly with no damage physically or emotionally.

*HUG*

7. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

WOW! what a shocker - glad she is going to be ok. Thanks for the pics too - cant wait to see how it heals
    HUGS

8. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

Holy Magoley!!!

Hope your mare bounces back. Did no one feel or hear anything going on while the horses were travelling in the truck.

With a huge wound like that the horse would have been jumping around to do that sort of damage???

Hope all goes well for you.

9. hutchy

hutchy New Member

Hi Jen

How's 'The Blonde' looking today?

10. Skito

Skito Well-known Member

shes looking very sorry for herself tracey coping well tho

11. hutchy

hutchy New Member

That's good Donna. Is it still draining ok? Make sure you 'love' her lots to keep her spirits up.

Is Fi Fi still keeping her company?

12. Talkingshell

Talkingshell Well-known Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: Holy C**p!!

OMG, I hadn't seen this till now as was busy for the morning! I am so sorry to see poor Paris injured badly! I would have freaked if I opened the tailgate like you both KC & Skito did...

My prayers will be with you all and for Paris to heal quickly with no permanent damage and she'll be back to her oldself again in no time!

((hugs:( ))

13. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

Fiona is still here Hutchy but when she goes I will bring Dutchess up for her.

I think I will slather some vasaline below the wound to protect her leg from all the discharge .....poor baby

14. WildandFree

WildandFree Well-known Member

eeeeek

all the best

wildnfree

15. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: I nearly feel off my chair when i saw that, my god that is horrific, poor girl, please keep us updated on her progress, i hope she recovers well as you said mentally and physically, wow i am still in shock.....:(

16. cruisecontrol

cruisecontrol Well-known Member

Yikes that is terrible! So sorry for her, she must really be feeling sorry for herself! I hope she heals quickly, poor girl. Good luck with her!

17. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Ouch! Your poor girl. I would have freaked if i had seen that. Please keep us updated.

18. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

Yeah well I wasn't really happy about it & Donna burst into tears. The hardest part was getting the others out so we could see the damage

19. GeeJay

GeeJay Guest

Christ I am in shock all I can say is nothing:( But thank the stars we have a great vet like Mr M she is sure in good hands.

((((HUGS)))))

20. Jump Off

Jump Off Well-known Member

Holy Cow!!!

I am sorry to see/hear about your horse, wishing her all the best for a speedy recovery. Please keep us updated on her progress.

:))