Wound Management....Paris Injured pics ( graphic)

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by KC Quarter Horses, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Congratulations!**)
    The wound healed well!:)
    Are you riding her now?
    Cheers, lena:)

2. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

That's a brilliant idea Marianne.**)

3. Mod 1

Mod 1 Moderator

Hey colibanqh...here is the quote I got off of other thread in the open discussion for you to read, just in case you've missed this one! Donna is riding Paris....cheers@)

4. Teddie1980

Teddie1980 Well-known Member

Well done!!! looks great:)*

5. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

Thanks people, I have been so busy of late so don't really get on here. Paris is going well though & her soundness is not effected by the wound. She did drop a bit of muscle & weight when she was out of action but I am sure that will build up again as her work load build up.
    We have her half brother Jake here also & both are lovely horses......just BIG LOL.
    I always had alot of faith in the vet who treated Paris & once again he was spot on. He gives a person confidence ...... we are very lucky to have him :)

6. jodles

jodles Well-known Member

That is incredible!!!!!! Well done you guys :)

7. KC Quarter Horses

I got Donna to take a photo the the other day of Paris's wound but thought for you all to really get the impact of how far she has come I will repost the pics from day one

unstitched

image[​IMG]

stitched

image[​IMG]

the progression

image[​IMG]

image[​IMG]

image[​IMG]

8. KC Quarter Horses

image[​IMG]

image[​IMG]

image[​IMG]

image[​IMG]

image[​IMG]

image[​IMG]

9. KC Quarter Horses

So you can see we are getting there & while she will have some visable scaring the hair is growing back & as she builds muscle it will be less noticable.

Any way she is going well & as there isn't the dramatic changes happening i will probably only put up a pick when she is all healed & then again when she is in full work.

ATM we are all too busy with work & settling into the new property.

Once i get off dial up & onto something fast i will try & catch up with all the news

Cheers :) KC

10. Fiestymama08

Fiestymama08 Well-known Member

wow!!! the poor girl :( and poor you too :( I would have been an absolute mess. That is the worst injury I have seen on any horse in a long time. Poor luv I hope both of you recover well from this. **) :))

11. Troppo

Troppo Well-known Member

:)) WOW!

Amazing amount of improvement. I really didn't expect it to heal so well! Well done to you and your vet

12. stephie1370

stephie1370 Well-known Member

Far out!
    Shes come a long way! Well done!!! =]

13. KC Quarter Horses

Paris today .... 2nd march 2008

image[​IMG]

image[​IMG]

image[​IMG]

As you can see the wound is really small now & not effecting her at all

Welcome back Paris :)

14. KC Quarter Horses

Oh.....the clinic today was not about height but line & rythem ....she was great & jumping comfortably at 1m :) We will bring her on slowly though & will only jump her upto that when out for the next few months :)

15. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

KC, she is looking fantastic, well done you have done an awesome job **)

16. GeeJay

GeeJay Guest

Oh sooooooooooooo good to see her back in work looking good:)*

Catch you all soon:D

Janet@)

17. KC Quarter Horses

Thanks guys .....it is nice to see her back in work. It was also good to have a couple of short trips in the truck because she was pretty stressed the first time we put her up in it.
    She crouched down on her back legs, which made me think thats how it happened but the new truck is really good & by the time she travelled 4 times over the weekend she got better & better.
    The first day at the clinic she was a little emotional but by the second day, she travelled well was really good. She really is a sweet mare & will always have a special place in our hearts because of what she went through & also because she is Jakes half sister.
    Still struggling a bit over Jake ....so Paris needs to get up there even if its just in memory of Jake ...... I miss him

18. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Glad today went well for her Jen..You must be so proud..as we discussed on the phone - magnificent effort paid back in kind. **)

19. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

Well done,
    She is looking fantastic.

20. KC Quarter Horses

Todays photo

image[​IMG]

nearly there :)