Would just like to pass this on

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by GeeJay, Apr 17, 2008.

1. megan

megan Well-known Member

God do i know this feeling, i now avoid alot posts as i just cant be bothered at all with some people. I hardly every post anymore as why bother when people dont read them correctly and get upset and defencive, or just dismiss what you have said. I feel we have lost so many awsome old stockies because of this exact reason.

I dont come on half as much as i used to and i think its less and less all the time

2. GeeJay

GeeJay Guest

Thank you for reading in some respects what I said was I guess spur of the moment, but when you hear from other’s, you have been labeled a cowboy well it is very demeaning to us, infact when it comes from those you have helped before it is down right rude.

We like to help and yes we maybe wrong sometimes BUT this is all learning, from each other young and old.

Thanks for reading and I do hope we can all share our sometimes-limited knowledge in the future without cutting hairs. Also respect our younger generation that way they do the same.

Regards Janet:)

3. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Janet, take the cowboy comment lightly.
    Please dont think of it as the "bad" cowboy.... but 2 people living their dream, with their horses in the big wide open land you all are luckily enough to live on. :)

You are "good" cowboys, enjoying your life, with your dogs & with your horses, you rely on your horses to get you about..... that should not be a bad thing.

Tell who ever said that, to go suck (rotton) eggs. #(

Maybe they are just jealous. ;)

4. megan

megan Well-known Member

hell if geejay, if you are a cowboy than i want to be one as well LOL.
    i am soooooo jelous of what you get to do and i wish i had a riding horse so i could come and see your place like you guys do every day.

5. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

Ditto to that Megs

And agree if Janet is a cowboy I will don a cowboy hat to stand by her side anyday.......... Don't stop posting Janet

6. Gerbra

Gerbra Well-known Member

me too, GeeJay, you are an inspiration to a lot of us, and please dont let what a few people say get to you, at the end of the day, you do what works for you, not the next person, this is why we are all so different and makes us us

Keep up the great work, adn please dont be disheartened:) you guys are great:)) :))

xx

7. Mod 5

Mod 5 Moderator

Unfortunately the Maggot thread did get abit out of hand with some remarks from alot that posted. It was just a difference of opinion - which is fine - we dont all have to agree.
    GeeJay - we value you greatly on the forum and hope we can all move on from this

I can please ask that if ANYONE has recieved rude or offending PMs - please let the mods & admin know. This is the only way we can help!
    Thanks

8. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

You know Janet, I know heaps of people who's biggest wish in life is to be a cowboy :) However I do believe that term can be used in a positive way or in negetive way. I think maybe its in the context of how or why it is said.
    Be assured though that both you & Graeme are very well repsected & admired by all who matter. In your heart you know the truth & the right & wrong of it all. While we all say everyone is entitled to their own opinions & some of us actually believe that, there are elements out there that only agree people are entitled to their own opinion as long as it agrees with them :)
    I have always believed that what goes around comes around & as long as you believe in your heart what you do & feel is right for you & those in your care, then don't waste another grey hair on what others think.
    Be true to yourself :) ...... as I know you are.
    You have my utmost respect & admiration ......... because you have earned it :)

9. princeton

princeton Well-known Member

ooo ooo!! Mee mee...!!! I wanna be a cowboy too!!!**) :D

10. Showie

Showie Active Member

Ha ha... I have a stock horse now, does that make me a cowboy??? Id take the 'cowboy' comment and turn it around and be very proud Janet.