Worried sick!

Discussion in 'Problem Horses' started by Jasmine, Nov 25, 2004.

1. arylin

arylin Well-known Member

And I'm sorry to say if she was living on stale bread the last thing she should have is a horse.
    As it has already been said when you own a horse it is your responsibility to care for that horse at all times and not just when you feel like it.
    And contrary to popular belief not all broken legs are visible just by looking, some are actually only detectable by X Ray and can present just as this horse did.

2. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe New Member

Get your panties out of a twist Buster. I'm assuming you two are friends otherwise you wouldnt be getting so worked up about it.

She has NO common sense whatsoever if she cant get a vet out when she thinks her horse has done a serious injury.
    If she was living on stale bread, she wouldnt have a horse. If the vet was 5 hours away, she could have waited for him to come out if it was that urgent. All vets are flexiable like that, if the horse has done something serious, they will get there as quickly as possible.

I just cant believe someone would post something like this on a forum and then get shitty when they dont want to hear whatever people are saying to them.

I do not love the sword for its brightness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend

3. Jasmine

Jasmine Guest

Thisisme,U DONT KNOW ME FOR A START...and i am glad you pointed out my mistake but everyone makes them.I wasn't the one who thought he had a broken leg,it was the person i asked for help.And i said I dont think it is its probably from his old injury..

Jasmine

4. widgelli

widgelli Well-known Member

Busta , if you dont like what has been written on here, then dont read it.
    I will say what has to be said whether you like it or not. The same applies to anyone else who doesn't like what I write.
    I agree that people make mistakes , but just remember this , if you dont stop and think when you have horses you could not only hurt you horse , you could kill someone else or yourself.
    Horses are not toys and are not mechanical either. A good way to look at you horse is to think of him as you best friend and to treat him with the respect and love that you best friend deserves.
    Jasmine , I wrote as I did to try and jolt some common sense into you. You are obviously young and as things stand today , little common sense is used , which is sad . Think about things before you jump into action. Work out what the consequences may be , what is the right thing to do , then act on what you have worked out.
    I may sound like a tough old bag , and maybe I am , but most of us spend out time writing advise on here to help you young people improve your riding and management of your horse.
    I have a great love for horses and would you believe, people , especiall young people. I like to be able to help and to pass on the many things that I have learned with the passage of time and the experience that I have gained.
    You are very lucky on this forum , as you have a number of top line riders in all disciplines and also well qualified instructors to help you with your horses.

Jo

5. Busta

Busta New Member

WELL SAID!! [Clapping]

~My Busty Boy ROX~

6. Jasmine

Jasmine Guest

Thank you Jo,Like busta said WELL SAID!Thank you everyone,i will think about it before i jump to conseguences and all that next time,yes i am young im only 13 and i have been having a real rough time with skool,my dad is sick,my bro,my dog dies the other day and stuff.But thanks anyway,chow!

Jasmine

7. beccy

beccy Well-known Member

jasmine. a lot of these comments made, may at first seem quite harsh. as Jo said they are made to help you understand where you went wrong this time, so you can learn from them and not make the same mistake next time.
    If we be fake and pat you on the back saying its ok when you know its not, you could not possibly take us seriously, nor could you learn from this experience.

A 13yr old being entirely responsible for a horse, is MASSIVE responsibility for someone so young.
    At least you check on your horse a couple of times a day, and took at least some responsability to ask for advice on what to do.

however had it actually been a break, you may not have returned to a living horse, or one in incrediable amounts of pain or have done even more damage to himself. these horses are totally dependant on us.

At your age, I am concerned that you are the only one who is looking after him. Do the agistment centre have permission to contact the vet if anything serious occurs? Can you get more help around you from peers and family?

We can only hope that the advice given will help you to use more initiative next time anything happens, and also other members can benefit from the advice given, if they are ever caught in a situation where they are unsure of what to do.

-bec-

8. echo

echo Well-known Member

Jazi, i dont see many of those things as an excuse. Fair enough your probably upset about a few things. But so am I, im only 14, my mum has depression, my sister flew back to perth to live with my dad, i live out in the middle of no where and have no contact to people my age, I'm having to change schools for the third time this year and this time its a private school because my grades have dropped so much. We havn't got the money to get vets etc out, so i know it could be hard like that.
    But there are times when you have to take repsonsibility about things, and take constructive criticism well. Some times it doesnt go as u wanted it to. Heck iv'e been told by some one once told me my horse looked like an RSPCA case, but i looked passed that and i new i was trying.
    I think what you wrote before, you said not to jump to consequences, im assuming you ment conclusions. I think you should do exactly that [​IMG]

Mel, Echo & Hamish

9. beau

beau Well-known Member

well said echo - and hope everything will improve for you.

10. Jasmine

Jasmine Guest

My horse sint kept at an exact agistment,he is kept in a paddock that i pay for,but the owner only comes up every second w/e.Hope things get betta echo.Thank you everyone.
    Good nite!

Jasmine

11. Ren

Ren Well-known Member

i agree with everyone and whatever problems you have or things holding you back from getting help with things is that there are people out there to help. If you dont have the money friends and relatives can help or if youve been going to the same vets they may let you pay it off and i work at a Vets and we see a few cases that have been left too long and as i tell them "If this animal was a child and left until now for treatment you would be up for child abuse" and myself having no children that my animals ARE my children and i wouldnt leave them if knowing if they are in pain and that i can help them feel better :)

12. alex

alex Well-known Member

ok points taken!!!! all i'm saying is that she must have learnt her lesson beacuse all yous are reminding her of it 24/7. just get over it already! she knows it was wrong. stop saying about it... would you like it if we all said it to someone here? kept reminding them about it all the time. even though they have learnt their lesson? we all make mistakes!!! no one is perfect!
    maybe her mum thought that the horse would be ok... and when your mum thinks that there is nothing you can do to change her mind! Horsey people don't understand this!

~*~A horse is only as good as its rider~*~

13. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

Cabmaster....
    May I point out that you are now the one going on about this. There was no posts made on this topic for nearly 24 hours prior....
    As far as I was concerned the topic had run its course.

Oh well.....Have a great day! [​IMG]

14. widgelli

Cabmaster , I do believe that you are the one who is stirring the pot here.
    Was there any need to say anymore in the manner you have?
    Have you learned anything from the comments on here except to make snide remarks ?
    Do you have the experience to be able to put up a decent post in an effort to help and guide someone , or have what it takes to jolt someone into stopping and thinking about things before they act and do something silly ?
    If you do , then by all means join in with constructiive comment . We would love to hear them from you.
    If you dont , then how about going and learning something instead of commenting in the negative.

Jo

15. alex

alex Well-known Member

what manner? i am only saying that i get what your saying and agree but also think that people can make mistakes and going on about it isn't going to help them. i am not going to write anything else here because you seem to all think that i am going on about it so i wont.

~*~A horse is only as good as its rider~*~

16. widgelli

About time you got the message !!!!!!!!

Jo