wormers

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by snoopydoo, Jan 30, 2008.

1. snoopydoo

snoopydoo Well-known Member

Before I start... I don't do this but as I'm always looking for ways to save a few $$$$ I was wondering if.....

Toby is a small pony so when I worm him he gets half a tubeful, appropriate for his weight. I always throw the other half away. Do you think I could keep the unused half and use it next time?? or will the active ingredientd decay??? As I said, I don't do this, just wondering...

2. safs_mum

safs_mum Well-known Member

I would be guessing you could, check the use by date and pop the cap back on. :)

3. GypsyRose

GypsyRose Well-known Member

Snoopydoo theres no probs with popping the cap back on and keeping it till next time, just make sure you check the use by date. I do this, i simply clean the end of the tube put the cap back on and keep it in a cool dark place. I always double check the use by date before i give it to them.

When i buy the wormers i tend to go for the ones that have the most time available to use them, as i use a different wormer each time, ie: one brand then another next time, then if the first one is still in date i use that the next time. Hope you understand what i mean.:D

There's nothing wrong with trying to save a few $$$, we all do it!!:D

4. snoopydoo

snoopydoo Well-known Member

well i never..... I didn't know that!!

I know what you mean Gypsy rose - you rotate the wormers so you don't use the same brand the next time.

5. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

remembering it is not the brand that you need to rotate, but the active ingredients:)*

6. Remaani

Remaani Guest

I have mini's so i use to do the exact same thing, wipe the end, pop lid back on & in the fridge.

But i use a liquid womer now (wormer prior to this was paste... its annoying & more expensive!!)....... whats left over goes in the fridge.

7. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

heres a link thats very interesting **)

Virbac

Cheers
    Lee