Wooroloo - Launch and Slide Jump

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by naughtydog63, Jun 7, 2008.

1. naughtydog63

naughtydog63 Well-known Member

I was just looking at the professional photographs and getting all angry cause I couldn't go to the event (1 week to LF!) and I noticed that they had a photographer at the launch and slide jump. Or whatever it was! I was noticing that it didn't look at steep as in the past!? Is that a fair call? The log on top also was larger. And they removed the arrowhead.

ps. Whats LF xc like. I'm starting to get nervous!

2. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

The arrow head at the bottom used to be for * - don't think it's still there?

They (many years ago) used to have a log on the side perpendicular to the large side of that gravel pit for prelim - log was bigger.

The slope was the same steepness as previous years when it's been in intro. From memory the log was the same size but you had a wider area to jump it (if you see in the pics you can see the old post on the left where it used to hold the log up).

The thing I noticed most about the pics was the massive SHADOW on the other side of the log at the top - I think the horses may have found it difficult to see where to land :confused: .

No horses seemed to jump right down the bottom of the bank which is good **) . Lots (including mine :D ) had a GOOD look at the top lol.

3. Haulix

Haulix Well-known Member

haha stace i'm getting nervous about LF to :p

4. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

a few years ago when i did wooroloo i cant remember the launch and slide jump?? hmm :confused:

im getting excited bout log fence heheh. i havent actually done the B grade there but have had a look at some of the jumps, its a well made course with some challenging jumps.

has been weird having two weeks off ... looking forward to it! :D

5. naughtydog63

Cause my instructor said that Brig was one of the more challenging courses she'd seen for Prelim. I dunno why I'm nervous about this one! Maybe I'm worried he won't do as well as he did at Brig. Pressures on pony! I know once he's out going xc, he'll take over and the fun will start! But theres always that apreshension before hand. Such a long wait too! I haven't done it before so probably why I'm getting nervous. And the dressage test. my first 2.1!

...Can I go back to intro now :p

6. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

... In all honesty Brig prelim in MY oppinion was on the softer side of the ones I've seen - I think it will be bumped up for State champs. Wooroloo is tougher too IMO - same for intro but it depends on the horse.

Log fence is a toughy although I noticed a BIG difference in the level of fences from B -> A grade with things like the coffin, bounce chevron, big drop etc ... It's well built (but I have a pet hate of unnecesary fences with false ground lines #( ) ... I would prefer to be on the bold horse rather than the careful accurate one at this event ;) .

7. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

LOL dw ND ... everytime i go cross country on Pete i get that feeling! one weekend he will be awesome, wont look at a thing and the next he will be scared of a log! :mad: which is why i love Jed so much, he is very bold and honest.

have been told (and seen :eek:) the wooroloo prelim is tough ... deff one of the tougher intro courses too.

8. ilikehorsesdou

ilikehorsesdou Well-known Member

LF is quite big E grades ok but D up is the max hight of all the Xcountry but its really a nice Xcourse, once i did that Xcourse i was not scared of any other Xcourse since lol they all look small

i think the D grade is more C grade and so on once i did LF D grade i went up to C grade everywhere else but im tooooo scared to do LF C grade lol :D

9. leah

leah Well-known Member

Yeich dont say that Kerry..... Jay is doing C grade.......at Log Fence LOL

10. naughtydog63

I think I'm just like worried cause I'm still testing the waters with Jag a little bit. Even though he's going really consitantly this year and been bold through XC so far. Jag just sucks at training XC in general. It's all going to eat him, but on the day, man watch out!

I know wooroloo is a tough intro, I remember that.