Woo Hoo!!! We have success!!!

Discussion in 'Problem Horses' started by Rayes, May 8, 2010.

1. Rayes

Rayes New Member

For those of you who recall my problem horse Cody...I have huge successes to report!

We went on our first trail ride in a large group a couple of weeks ago, and whilst it wasn't the most relaxed ride I've been on...we managed. He simply wants to be in the front and go-go-go (as this was how he was previously ridden) but I had other ideas. He wasn't happy and jig-jogged a lot of the way...but no bucking! A little pig-headedness here and there but it certainly wasn't something I couldn't handle.

On Monday we went to an Adult Riding Club training day. When we first got there he was being somewhat piggish at first and not wanting to do as he was asked and thinking about throwing in a buck I'm sure, but I took him to a corner of the park and rode him until he settled and calmed down (this seems to be his standard behaviour in every new setting), but then we did a dressage test!!! It was only walk and trot but we got 5s and 6s across the board! Not bad considering where we came from.

We then tried jumping (I was hoping to try 45cm, but by the time I got down there they had put them up to 60cm). It wasn't the most elegant round and he did refuse once (and think about refusing plenty of others), but we got over in one piece!!!

Am so happy!

Regards,
    Rayes

2. Zegger

Zegger Well-known Member

That's so amazing .Well done Rayes. Im glad you had some success . :)

3. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Yep that is amazing. Congratulations.

4. smash

smash Well-known Member

well done rayes

5. Sugar's Mum

Sugar's Mum Gold Member

Congrats Rayes well done :)

a real achievement.

6. Malakand

Malakand Active Member

That's good news Rayes, hope he continues to improve for you. It's a great feeling when it all comes together.

7. KLP

KLP Guest

Well done Rayes,
    It has been amazing watching your journey with Cody, you have both come so far!
    It's also amazing that you stuck with him for so long, and you continued and fought and kept trying to get yourselves where you are now! You should be soo proud of yourself and cody! Well done **) Very inspiring.

8. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

very well done!!!

did you get any pics of you guys on the day???

9. Rayes

Rayes New Member

I hopefully will have some pics - there were professional photographers there on the day.

Will think about posting some when they arrive.

Cheers,
    Rayes

10. ASH lover

ASH lover Well-known Member

Well done Rayes, it is good to hear that things are getting better, your hard work is obviously paying off.