Withnell Round Yards

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by Little Bean, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Little Bean

Little Bean Well-known Member

Just wondering what those of you who have them think of them? I've been told that they join with a 'sleeve' at the base for the next leg and then a chain further up? Are they secure at the chain and are horses likely to catch themselves on the little hook?

2. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Great panels. Have a lot of them.

Never had any problems with the chain or hook.

3. ellechim69

ellechim69 Guest

Same love them never had any problems and we have had ours 3 years now

4. Evered

Evered Well-known Member

I have one on recommendation from Nannygoat - it's great :))

I have not had a problem with anything sticking out, being caught on or moving - they don't tend to move even in the chain isn't done up simply because once it is all locked in a circle - it is too big, heavy, and fitted to wobble.

This is mine:
    [​IMG]

5. Little Bean

Little Bean Well-known Member

Cheers guys **)

Evered I notice yours is the 3 rail, what do the others have and is there any reason to go 5 rail over 3 rail or vice versa?

Also how many panels do each of you have and how big does your yard end up?

6. Evered

Evered Well-known Member

Mine must be 6 panels + gate and 18m? I think? Nannygoat will know! It is huge.

I find the 3 rail to be fine height wise - it definitely is a lot higher than it looks in that picture - my 17hh showjumper doesn't jump out of it and he tends to jump anything if that helps :p

7. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

I LOVE my withnell roundyard it was a easter pressie to myself :)

its the same as the one up above in the pic, hubby was very impressed with it and how it went together i can move the panels on my own but easier with someone to help...

i dont use it as a round yard anymore as i have it as a temp fence and its just as awesome LOL

been meaning to buy more panels and another gate :)

8. Fe

Fe Well-known Member

I have palmers and find them a lot easier than the Whitnals. I found the whitnals hard to break apart when you are wanting to move them when sand gets caught in the fitting. Even the tractor had issues.