Wintec - Pro Stock Swinging Fender

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by Bella85, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Bella85

Bella85 New Member

I am looking to purchase a new saddle. I have had leather half breeds in the past but the quality & choice is lacking in WA and I don't really want to have one custom made.
    Does anyone have any experiences, good or bad, with Wintec Pro Stock Swinging Fenders?
    I have been advised that they are very good - very strong, fit a variety of horses, light weight and have the CAIR system.
    I look forward to your responses!
    Cheers
    "A diamond is a chunk of coal made good under pressure"

2. Troppo

Troppo Well-known Member

I have one but a flocked one. It is good, strong, sturdy, I've played polox in it. The only thing I don't like about it is it tips you forward a bit.

3. Animosity

Animosity Well-known Member

Love them, i might consider getting one.
    Comfy and have held me in place after a few bucks!

i like them :D

4. Anna E

Anna E Guest

5. Floggadog

Floggadog Guest

I have the Wintec Pro stock. No CAIR.
    I find it very comfy to ride in & also find it holds me in well if the horse starts playing up or shies.
    My SIL has the Bates Kimberley with swinging fenders which is the leather version of what you're looking at. She loves it. She has changed the oxbows for oxbows with a built in twist (best way I can describe it) at the top to take the pressure off her ankles & knees.

6. Troppo

Troppo Well-known Member

mm love the poley's

has anyone tried the John O'Leary Horseproblems saddles?

7. Pockets

Pockets Gold Member

I LOVED mine!! Only sold it because it was too big for my youngster...although now my daughter has stolen her and I'm back on a big horse, hmm might be time to get another one:D

8. keridwyn

keridwyn Well-known Member

i have the pro stock with cair but without the fenders (my legs are too short for them :D)
    Havn't had ANY problems with mine.
    And the felt keeps your bum in the saddle!
    I use mine for stockwork and general hacking around the bush, so i find it keeps me in the saddle when we do unexpected changes of direction (like shying, or deciding that we're going to chase after THAT cow rather than the one thats running away from the mob!)

Couldn't reccomend a better saddle so far! **)
    But i would love to try a barefoot stock... if they make it that is ?? :))

9. Bella85

Bella85 New Member

Thanks

Many thanks to everyone who replied to my post - can't believe how quick you all responded!
    It certainly has given me something to think about and more than likely I will go ahead with purchasing one when the weather warms up!
    I have seen the Kimberley Swinging Fender in leather but I found it quite ugly and not as nice to sit in, but I guess it is a personal thing.
    Thanks again and happy to hear from anyone else with info about the saddles - good or bad.

10. Late Starter

Late Starter Well-known Member

I bought the Wintec Pro swinging fender a couple of months ago and although I've only ridden in it a couple of times I like it. I did have a sit in the leather version but didn't find that as comfy as the Wintec so went for that option (I also bought a nice sheepskin seat cover that goes over it to make it extra comfy :D).

I would have preferred a saddle with the fender things already twisted but I'm sure I'll get used to it as I use it more.

I bought mine for trail riding and to use for team penning (when I eventually start).

I tried the Eqwest saddle too and I found that really comfy and liked it alot however it's not adjustable whereas the Wintec is.

11. SaddleworldSupport

SaddleworldSupport New Member

Wintec Pro

Hi there, I will pass your information onto our sales staff incase they can give you some ideas in regards to your saddle choice.

We also have a saddle fitter which is sometimes a good idea as it is sometimes very hard to get the right saddle depending on the shape/size of your horse.

We do have a new range of saddles out. All leather, they are the Trainers Masters series and have exchangable gullet system in them. There is more information about them on our website at Horse Riding Equipment Australia: Nagmart Saddlery - Horse Riding Equipment Perth WA, Horse Riding Equipment Western Australia in our news and events. There is also a link to our current catalogue on our home page which also advertises these saddles on page 3.

From Paula
    Admin Officer
    Saddleworld Maddington