Wintec Pro Stock Saddle?

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by Pockets, May 20, 2008.

1. Pockets

Pockets Gold Member

Anyone have one of these? I'm not usually a wintec fan but really need something for Monster that won't break the bank(or finance card as it happens lol;) ) and is going to hold me on in case I get vertigo that high up:) So feedback good or bad would be appreciated.....

2. bubblez

bubblez Well-known Member

They are ok, pretty comfy but for the money you would spend I would consider getting a good secondhand syd hill or something similar! I was considering the kimberly poly (which is made on the same tree as the wintec pro stock) but found a fantastic syd hill for $600 which is worth more than its weight in gold and will last forever and holds its resale value a LOT better!
    the only good thing about the wintecs really over the other kinda stock saddles is the changable gullet.

If you definately wat to go with a wintec pro stock there is a guy who advertises in the sat west in the equipment section for a bates kimberly with fenders, but its actually a wintec with fenders for $1000 if you offered him a bit less i think hed take it.
    Good luck!!!

3. Pockets

Pockets Gold Member

Thanks bubblez but this is strictly a load up the interest free card gig-no cash involved lol!!!

4. LNT

LNT Well-known Member

hi pockets

i ride in a wintec pro stock and love it, i mainly do bush riding so really like the added security it gives when a horse eating log or similar pops out of the bushes!!

although i am now looking at a wintec 2000 all purpose cause the stock is a bit restrictive now that i've joined adult riders and am learning to jump.....

gawd thats going to be something new, i reckon it'll be like learning to ride all over again without my "safety belt" knee rolls.....pmsl!!

but yeah if your looking for a saddle thats hard to fall out of i'd definitely recommend the wintec pro stock :)*

5. Pockets

Pockets Gold Member

Great thats pretty much what I wanted to hear lol!!

6. Dusty Road

Dusty Road Well-known Member

I rode in a wintec stock saddle a couple of times.. when I was looking at buying one... and it had to be one of the most uncomfortable saddles I have ever ridden in.

A good stock saddle will hold you no matter what the brand, but I found the wintec was just not commfy... however I have a bates kimberly poly and it is the most commy saddle ever... well perhaps right after a custom made I have ridden in.

7. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

I used to have one with Chloe...

I regret ever selling it#( ..Was the best saddle and i never budged..:)

I could jump,do barrels games etc and not have a care in the world..Chloe could go full rodeo on me and i wouldnt go flying...

So wish i never sold it....Very tempting to get another just for casual rides,jumping and fun in etc..

And my other saddle is for work & showing..

But they arnt the cheapest.

8. Jewels'

Jewels' Well-known Member

Hi Pockets, I bought one 6 months ago for the extra security out on the trails with my young OTTB. I have never been a stock saddle fan and used to be one of those riders who would turn up at a horse hire place with my AP saddle.

I love the saddle and don't feel like I am forced into the traditional stock style of riding like some of the older saddles. I tend to ride in it more than anything else now especially out in the bush/trails. I think I may have already become a little dependent on it mentally LOL. The equisuede seat on the wintec also gives you extra security. I sat in the Syd Hill at the store and didn't think it felt as comfortable. I can definitely recommend the Wintec. Let us know if you go ahead and buy one:)

Julie

9. bubblez

bubblez Well-known Member

the other good thik about the wintec stockies is that they tend to put you in a better position than traditional stock saddles pockets. So you should be able to ride in a normal riding position the same as your ap or whatever.
    Its is well worth it if you are going the no interest free buy new way :) And they are pretty comfy as long as ur not going all day... the kimberleys are better then...
    Good luck on your purchase!! :D

10. Pockets

Pockets Gold Member

Cheers guys might go for a looksie today-if I finish work early enough!!