wiggle wiggle WHACK!!

Discussion in 'Training Horses' started by IbanezGirl, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IbanezGirl

IbanezGirl Well-known Member

i dont follow the NHMS trends and this vid has me really left me scratching my head. this horse has one eye, it's a flight animal of course it's going to be looking around. i dont know if shes lost it or not. but hitting the horse in the face isnt the answer. and not something i woud be suggesting others to do.

horse-man-shit Video

2. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

I did not watch all the video but I can see what she is trying to do.

She is a PNH devotee and while she has the concept of what to do she isn't all that coordinated but the biggest thing going wrong is that she does not give a quit to the horse.

Even when he does the right thing she does not give him time to think about it and reward him, she just keeps hasseling him.

I do not think she means to hit him in the head she is just trying to drive him away but in the end both human and horse are frustrated.

This is an example of how things can get from bad to worse when someone goes to someone they think has the experience to handle the horse.

That horse was just confused.

3. Ghost

Ghost Banned

considering she helped her husband write the book and market and produce the dvds and lesson plans she should know better:))

4. Pockets

Pockets Gold Member

More than a devotee I'd say KC thats LP-not a shining example unfortunately!!

5. Shenalar

Shenalar Well-known Member

Showing my ignorance here, but I don't even get what she was trying to do? apart from keep the horses attention on her? but even that got confusing at times and wasn't clear that that's what she was trying to do?
    Is that what it was all about?

6. IbanezGirl

yeah i probably should have mentioned that the person in the vid is linda herself.

7. IbanezGirl

im no expert. but i think she was trying to get the horse to just look at her, nothing else around it (and there was alot going on around). and when the horse wasnt looking at her she was "trying" to get it to back up.

8. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Tell you what, she's dam lucky that horse isn't a kicker! I don't know many horses that would allow constent wacks like that (you can see it make contact) over and over without kicking out and she's in close range!

The video made me angry, how confused is that poor horse and to read it has one eye? Sorry but it looks like she's trying to turn the horse submissive through force?

I understand not all training is going to be a peice of cake but I don't understand her actions and if they have a reason?

9. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Hang on - what I don't get is at one point the horse is standing there and doing what she's been trying to get it to do, she rewards it by releaving all pressure but then she walks forward along side the horse and provokes it all over again??

10. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

Hmm I was confused so I'd to think how the horse was feeling

11. dopeyqh

dopeyqh Active Member

this has changed my P.O.V of LP dramatically. OMG :(
    I do practice NH, but I've never been a follower of Parelli itself, some techniques perhaps (7 games etc), but this is... absurd. I can't believe it... The horse is obviously confused but the signals she's giving it are just stressing it out more, there's no release of pressure. The horse looks like it needs a slow and steady method approach, she's stressing the poor thing out...

12. Sugar's Mum

Sugar's Mum Gold Member

I dont understand why people like this, shake the rope in the face to get them to back away. Throwing their head up indicates fear and concern to me and I would never be happy to see my horse react to me that way.
    A friend of mine uses it on her horse and he hasn't learnt to stand still he is just as badly behaved now as he was months ago when I first met him.

I know I haven't seen the parelli's working but I dont chose to work like this.

13. Siren

Siren Well-known Member

ive figured out her problem..... she doesnt have her carrot stick!!

haha, sorry, couldnt help myself :p
    when I grow up, I want to be as wonderful with horses as that #(

14. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

that horse does not respect her, it fears her #( watch the tension in the horses body and head as she approaches!!!

Whilst I have never been a Parelli follower or supporter, I have always held a healthy respect for what they do - not anymore!!!

She would want to come in and practice that "method" on my pony, she would be in an ambulance quicker than you can say "7 games" *#)

Should email this to Horseproblems... ;)

15. ponylover95

ponylover95 Active Member

Poor horse I hope he is okay,that lady is really rough.

16. Deb2

Deb2 Guest

I am surprized to learn that its Linda herself as I would have thought her timing would be spot on and not sadly lacking in this case.#(

17. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

That's shocking.

Scary to think that some people may see this as the right thing to do, and repeat this 'training' (I use that word lightly) with force on their horses :(

18. KINGSBONES

KINGSBONES Active Member

LP or not looks to me like she has NO idea...but i guess the chaps, vest and hat make her a professional LMAO... She damn lucky it was not my horse there wouldnt have been much left of her after he and I had finnished with her!!! And people wonder why NHS gets laughed at??????

19. Pockets

Pockets Gold Member

Just to play devils advocate*#) I don't think the horse really looks confused, shes got a couple of things going on-driving game a bit of circling, backing up.... so the horse obviously knows the seven games hes just not paying attention! The timing looks a bit off but who knows-maybe he needed to be kept busy so shes kept the momentum going. Thats the problem with these clips-you don't see whats happened before or after!! The one eye thing doesn't fly either,horses event with one eye!!Even more reason he should be paying attention lol!!

20. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

HAHA, SNAP. i was coming here just now to post this & ask what stockies thought! haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.