why is the clock an hour fast?

Discussion in 'Forum Management and Operation' started by KPF, Oct 25, 2009.

1. KPF

KPF Well-known Member

Why is the Stockyard clock an hour ahead of real time?? No day light savings this year, and I had to 'manually tell my PC' the same thing. Looked up world clock time, and yup, definately no daylight savings adjustment.

I made a phone call at 7.15am this morn because I read the PC clock, Whoops, it said 8.15am!! :eek:

2. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

KPF,

The Stockyard clock is spot on!

All I can say is thank God there is no daylight saving!!!!!**)**)**)**)**)

cheers...admin

3. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

I'll second that !!!!!

4. miniequine

miniequine Well-known Member

yep I agree, My pc is an hour ahead and my watch and horses stomachs are all on normal time, they never did get the hang of daylight saving#(, Have it in winter where it would be appreciated.**)

5. KPF

KPF Well-known Member

Wierd because for example stockyard post on a thread says 7.35pm, and my clock is 6.35pm.:confused:

Am I going round the twist? Can nobody else see this?

Miniequine are you seeing the stockyards posts timed at one hour ahead too? Or just your PC clock? Because I adjusted the PC, but Stockyard still says an hour in advance...(well, on my PC anyway...)

6. Midas

Midas Well-known Member

All my SY posts and everyones elses are an hour ahead:eek:

7. RPS

RPS Well-known Member

Clock

Yep KPF mine is exactly the same, all posts are showing an hour ahead, I thought it was just me:p

It is now 8.30 pm in Perth and the post before mine is showing posted at 8.59pm ?????????

8. KPF

KPF Well-known Member

Arrghh, nuff nuff!!:p

I got it sorted. If you double click the clock in bottom RH of windows screen, then below the clock is a little check box that is ticked and says "Auto adjust for daylight savings" you have to uncheck this box and everything returns to normal!!**)

Learn something new every day! Glad I'm not the only one that got stumped!:eek: