Why is it so hard to find a laundry basket??

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by HalcyonStables, Oct 21, 2010.

1. So I went off yesterday to find a wicker laundry basket as our old one finally gave up the ghost after a decade of faithful service.

Do you think I could find one???

I went to: Coles, Woolworths, Bunnings, Homemart, Baines, Gone Bazaar, Thingz, Red Dot, Best For Less and Kmart - to no avail! The only wicker type baskets I found were tiny things, much too small for what we need and the only other ones were plastic and I don't want plastic!

So where can I go to get me a decent quality Laundry basket that will last us another 10 years?

2. Mater

Mater Well-known Member

I got some from Spotlight but they don't always have them.

3. Gerbra

Gerbra Well-known Member

Target and Big W have a few :)

4. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Cos Ive got them all - I can count 6 without getting up and looking for more - looks like ali baba has been setting up shop here :D

And ive got no idea where they all came from. I remember buying ONE in about 1989, who knows, maybe you have to breed your own. :D

5. Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera Well-known Member

I got mine from Big W I think a few years back. Try Ikea or the furniture shops.

6. Ace

Ace Well-known Member

I just moved out of home and got a dirty clothes basket and laundry basket from Bunnings on Leach Hwy, they had a huge range. I ended up with the budget ones but they had alot more expensive variety.

7. old_mate

old_mate Well-known Member

And dont expect it to last 10 years, I have one that is 10 years + and one that I got 2 years ago and the one from 2 years ago is almost dead.

8. Natsky

Natsky Well-known Member

I love this thread ha ha!!! Was just having this conversation with someone the other day.I have been searching high and low for some as all mine have broken.Please please please girls let us know where they have all gone to!!!;)

9. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

I was in BigW in Midland this morning and they had a couple of different wicker laundry baskets.

10. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

There used to be a cane basket place at the Wanneroo markets. Not sure if they are still there????

11. top arab

top arab New Member

Laundry Basket

Have you tried the Blind Institute - not sure if they still make them. I have one and it must be 35 years old and still going strong.

12. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Perhaps the blind institute as top arab mentioned, my one and only I remember buying would be 26 years old..the rest are its offspring. Giant had one when he moved in from his shearing days. I have no idea where the others came from but if you have no luck I can part with one and still have one for every room.

13. Seabiscuit

Seabiscuit New Member