whose going to the wannaroo over 18s on the 29th?

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by chick_with_a_chainsaw, Jun 14, 2008.

1. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

whose going to the wannaroo over 18s on the 29th?

what classes are you doing and all that jazz?

im going still need to learn the dressage tests anybody know where i can get copies?

2. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

i so so so want to go, but have a feeling my saddle issues def won't be organised by then. might just take my red boy for a look.

3. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

whats wrong with your saddle?

4. jonty

jonty Well-known Member

you can get copies of all tests on efa wa web site.

5. Karijini

Karijini Well-known Member

I would love to go to this one but will be busy at a clinic I've organised up in the hills so have to miss out. Hopefully the club will hold another one later in the year!

6. SandownLodgeJelks

SandownLodgeJelks Well-known Member

an on going to this. just hacking tho as they ar'nt doing any of the tests i actually want to practice :)

7. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

Hi SLJ

Depending on the numbers we get in the dressage you may be able to do a different test (non competitive) on the day. Come see me in the office in the morning and I will see how we go!**)

To date I only have 2 helpers so if I don't get anymore this show will be cancelled and pre entries refunded!#(

8. Animosity

Animosity Well-known Member

If it wasnt so far away Id definatly be a helper :(

9. wildsteel

wildsteel Well-known Member

i should be helping unless im half way to meekathara by then, havent got the dates yet

makes that helping AND photographing!

if your thinking of coming, COME!

its a practice day! trial run! i love these days because it where u can learn.

its where u can learn about that extremely mysterious art of hacking, what the judges look for hahaha

doing a dressage test at home is usually different from doing it at a show, so at this show you will get feedback etc, and then you will be prepared for nexttime

blitzen, my saddle has a self adjusting girth, and it very lightweight if you want to try it??

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  10. odway

odway Guest

IPT I will be a helper if my horse's leaser will be going to the show with my boy, will PM and let you know. I can probably rope in another 2 or 3 helpers as well :)

11. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

I'm coming (to compete) I hope you get some more helpers Gretchen! Sorry I can't supply any.....

12. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

I am hoping to go and photograph.
    I am photographing at my dad's cycling race early in the morning and then if that doesnt' go too late head up.

13. SandownLodgeJelks

umm that would be cool. How many helpers do you need? I can supply a not horsey boyfriend to pencil or something?

14. Its Party Time

Thank you to those who have offered to help.

OK apparently the show must go on! I have been told by a couple of very enthusiastic riders! *#)

Plus I have ordered trophies & ribbons ;)

Still need 1x Penciller, BBQ cook, Car Park attendant.

Free lunch & drinks for all volunteers (now that should get a few more LOL:D )

Remember this show is for all those who need a little extra encouragement to get out there in the show ring on their horses/ponies! Do a dressage test without any stress, we have a lovely young judge who will give you feedback.

As per our Insurance No Stallions are allowed sorry:(

15. SandownLodgeJelks

i know its an encouragement day but it doesnt say anything about double bridles...(that i can find anyways) are they allowed?

16. Its Party Time

If you and your horse/pony are seasoned competitors that ride in a double bridle on a regular basis then this possibly is not the show for you.
    If however the horse has not competed before in a double and you would like to see how he/she responds then that would be acceptable. This is at your discretion.;)

Judges are aware that this is an encouragement show!:D

We will also now offer the Elementary 3.1 test.

17. SandownLodgeJelks

ive just started riding in one at lessons and at home and i think he works better so id like to try it.

18. Its Party Time

That sounds fine but you cannot use the double in the dressage!**)

19. crave

crave Well-known Member

Can you tell me if hacking jackets are required? Thanks

20. Its Party Time

Hacking jackets are not compulsory although going on past shows 8-9 people out of 10 will wear them!;)

Um LOL just realised that there is actually no Best Presented class on the program so if you don't have a jacket no worries!

A nice collared shirt would be fine.:D