Who use what when floating?

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by Salinero, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Freestyle

Freestyle Well-known Member

Bandages and bell boots. I like them to be rugged on the float (weather permitting) as i find that they float better.

I also never feed in the float - i've seen too many choking cases!

2. SMR

SMR Well-known Member

Heifer, I have a set of Woof Wear Travel Boots Derby House :: Woof Wear Travel Boots

They are great - you can mold them to the horse's legs as they are not as stiff and padded/fat as most other boots. They only have 3 fastenings, which makes them easier to put on, and they never move.

3. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

do they come down far enough? looks like on the model they are just to the pastern? better then WB shit anyway (i dont know why i keep buying their stuff!)

4. SMR

SMR Well-known Member

Yep ;) They cover the coronet band nicely (I noticed that in the photo too).

5. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Great thread! Baby pony hit his head bad coming back last weekend...he mustve gotten a fright and flung his head up....where do I get a poll guard from? Anyone?

Would hate this to happen on the way to a comp...was bad enuff it happend coming home

6. smash

smash Well-known Member

*fish slaps babe*
    teach baby pony to lower his head when backing up !!!

7. pso

pso Gold Member

whilst travelling smashie;) (travelling back to south broome, not walking backwards off the ramp)

try bella equestrian babe ;)

8. corporate pride

corporate pride Well-known Member

i don't use anything, my new horse i just chucked him on the truck, pawed the crap outta my floor then off we went. i use a tail wrap on ozzie when we go to shows coz he poos all through it, i usually don't bother on the way back home :p
    and in the float rope over neck (and tied so it don't go on the floor) and up he goes without anything :)

9. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Yup it was really windy and something flew into the float...lol...poor baby got a scare and whack on the top of the float...he mustve really whacked his head up high*#) as its not that low! silly boy.
    Thanks Pso will have a look at their website**)